It's Thursday again, time for the weekly doctor visit update! Holy cow, can't believe it's been 5 weeks already!
I'm feeling slightly euphoric today. I think, in part, due to the haziness and coolness outside making it so that I don't mind being inside so much and also the fact that it's a brand new month. We made it all the way through March! Boy was that a long month. (Feel free to raise eyebrows, I know my online PPROM buddies know what I'm talking about!)
Blessedly, bleeding is very very minimal today. Baby has also been very active.
As usual, today's conversation with Dr. M started with, "Has the bleeding stopped?" Apparently my response of, "All but the lightest spotting" still wasn't good enough because I got the "Wrong answer" again. So I said, "I mean, haven't seen a thing in days!" Which led to him saying, "And you've stopped leaking too, right?" "Absolutely!" To which he responded that I'm now becoming a liar and finally crossing over to join those who are already on their way down to Hell.
Alas, yes, the fluid is still very low, but there were some notable pockets higher up in my uterus. The one he measured was 2cm. So that's a positive. Baby has fluid in his stomach and had a very full bladder. He was also sucking and we could see his lungs "breathing" a couple of times. So all things positive. He currently weighs approximately...1 lb. 9 oz. Yep, that's a gain of 2 oz. in a week. Not a huge gain, but still very positive. Dr. M also poked a little to get him to do the rooting reflex. So cute! I missed it, but he said he saw the baby yawn. Honestly, it was very reassuring to have Dr. M talk to us and tell us what he was seeing today. It's really hard for me to find things when he's going so fast. (I think I posted this before - I'm not slow, the picture just isn't the clearest when you don't have a lot of fluid around baby.)
I asked Dr. M on Tuesday about monitoring at home and he's not a fan. He brought it up again himself so that James could hear his reasoning for doing the monitoring at the hospital. I think his two biggest reasons are 1) Some people get their own heartbeat instead of the baby's and freak out, getting into accidents on the way to the hospital so, though baby is fine, they're now having to deal with broken limbs and lacerations and 2) If they do see anything wrong, I'm already there. So far, so good. It actually has been nice to get out of the house and, quite frankly, I think I was going to end up at the hospital Monday and Tuesday anyway!
So we are still looking good. Still just taking things one day at a time. So very glad to be home with my family and able to watch our three other little kiddos running around. They've taken to chasing each other up and down the hall playing "tiger" - I LOVE the sound effects! It's also wonderful to be able to have them come sit by me and snuggle while we watch movies or read books. They are the joy of my life. I love it when they come over just to give me kisses and hugs. I think Trevy has at least a vague foggy notion of what's going on because she'll tell me, "Mommy needs to lay down for the baby." She and Callie like to rub my belly. Landon, on the other hand, thinks it makes a fabulous armrest during books and movies and, otherwise, a great place to push off when he wants to get down or climb up. (Not so fun!)
Can't imagine trying to wait this out without getting to see my kids every day and without all the love and support of so many friends and family members. Thanks again to all those who continue to bring food and watch kids. You are all wonderful! Thanks to all for your continued prayers and words of encouragement and support!
Happy Easter to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment