Friday, April 9, 2010

NST #10

Another fabulous report. Baby was fabulous on the monitor and hooked right up for Judy - she was amazing too! Love those nurses! I'm very excited that she's going to be in there all of April so I hope to see her many more times! She told me that she has seen many great outcomes from women who have ruptured early. She told me another story of a lady rupturing prior to 20 weeks and going full-term. I asked her why they let her go full-term, most women I've talked to are being induced between 32 and 35 weeks. She thinks the lady's membranes resealed. Go figure. She agreed that that will most likely not happen for me at this point. Oh, well. 28 weeks on Sunday. We'll take it!

The MOP room was in high demand this morning. I waited about 1.5 hours and met 6 more pregnant women, 1 grandmother and one naturopathic doctor in the waiting room. It's so fascinating to me to see why everyone is there. You kind of feel like family by the time they call you back.

The first two women were diabetic - 1 is Type I and due in 2 months, the other is Type II and 39 weeks, in for a labor check. (I saw her on my way out. She was discharged.) Both are carrying boys.

The next lady in is a couple days away from being 42 weeks with her first - a girl. She, her mom and her doctor were fun to talk with. When I told them about delivering the twins, the naturopathic doctor knew immediately who had delivered them. Dr. M has quite the reputation around town! Very few doctors, it seems, will deliver breech babies vaginally and even fewer will do it with twins. Throw in the VBAC idea and he's pretty much the only one who will even be in the same room as you!

Another woman came in at 12 weeks, very sick from being pregnant this time around. She's having #3 and has gotten pregnant with the last two while being on birth control (I believe the injections).

She was followed by a girl who I was wondering if she was in the right place. She is only 19 and 23 weeks along, very skinny and not showing at all. She also sounded very upset at her boyfriend for "doing this to her." I'm still trying very hard not to be incredibly sick to my stomach that she's expecting as well. I hate to judge and won't go off here, but it breaks my heart to think of her baby compared to those in the room who would be born to mothers and fathers ready to have them and, for the most part, eagerly awaiting their arrival. Not exactly sure why she was there.

I didn't really get a chance to hear much on the last lady, other than that she's due 2 weeks after I am.

So interesting to meet so many people every day.

And a HUGE thanks to Sondae for watching the kids this morning. They didn't get much of a nap yesterday, went to bed late and got up early and were soooo cranky this morning!

Another ENORMOUS thanks to Amber, who continues to make surprise visits with groceries and at least weekly phone calls to check on us.

You guys are wonderful! Thanks for everything!

2 comments:

sillysinginglady said...

Wendy! Oh my word! Clearly, I do not keep track of my friends well enough! I'm so sorry to hear about all the complications/stresses that are going on with this little one! I'm glad it is not here yet, and will pray for the best! Hang in there!

Clarisa said...

i wish every child had a loving and excited mother and father waiting for him when he arrived here on earth...i always feel desparate for those who don't as well. if you don't mind, why did you have a c-section with trevy?