Another good report. Baby got on and stayed on and we were in and out in no time. Well, almost.
I did have a little bit of a wait and met the parents of a woman in for an amnio at 36 weeks. Such a sad story - apparently she has lost 4 babies right at the end. She's doing the amnio to find out if the baby's lungs are developed so they can take the baby. My heart so goes out to her. I ended up being put next to her and her baby sounded fabulous so, hopefully, she got some good news and will be holding her baby soon!
In the waiting room, I also met a woman in for PTL (pre-term labor) at 31 weeks. Not sure how long it's been going on. She's having a boy as well and also has a 3.5-year-old daughter at home. We discussed out three-year-old tantrums and funnies. Apparently, she started going into labor with her daughter as well. At 21 weeks, though. She made it all the way to 36 weeks. Fabulous! She's only 5 weeks away from that again. Hope she gets to go even farther this time. I can't remember if her daughter spent any time in the NICU. I think she may have, but only for a little while and only to gain weight, if I'm not getting her mixed up with someone else.
My first nurse today was Ann. She was really nice. We had a little bit of a tricky time finding baby today - he was being very active in the waiting room too, so it wasn't a big surprise - but he did stay on and awake for the full 20 minutes. Again, no contractions, no temperature and blood pressure was good, although not as great as yesterday. (Forgot to post that I set a new record yesterday - 94/67!)
Donna, who I've seen before, gave me the usual discharge instructions. I really like her as well. She just gets in and gets the job done.
Funny story - after the twins were born, we were visited one day in the hospital by a Jewish rabbi. He blessed the twins and, I'm guessing, left feeling rather befuddled. We were a little surprised ourselves. However, we learned why the first day I started bleeding and we rushed in for an NST. James was watching the computer screen and noticed that under Religion, it says Jewish. We asked the nurse to change it and she did. A few days later, I saw Jewish again and asked the nurse if we could change it, so she did. However, when she switched to a different screen and came by, it said Jewish again! So she decided to just take it out altogether. Bridget changed it again the other day and it was back to Jewish again today! I have no idea what's going on. (No offense to any Jewish people. We just are not Jewish, unless you look at my computer records!)
Another fabulous tidbit is that the bleeding has slowed even more today. Hardly any spotting at all! Such a relief!
Still a huge thanks to everyone that has continued to pray for our little guy! He has been incredibly active all day today. Always such a wonderful feeling! Can't wait to get to see him again tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment