He passed again with flying colors! Nothing too exciting about the NST itself today. In an odd sort of irony, my weight and height were all 5's: 55.5kg and I've been 5'5" for over half of my life.
Judy was my nurse again. I found out that she's from Boston originally. I LOVE her accent. She's also very positive and upbeat and I was hoping I'd get to see her again one of these days. I know she's scheduled for the MOP room throughout April, so I may get to see her again next week. Her dog gave birth to 9 puppies yesterday right after she left for work. Craziness! Not sure if they're going to be up for sale, but feel free to let me know. Her dog is part lab. Can't remember the other. The father is half lab, half German shepard.
The other nurse in the room was Sheila. I just love how she greets me every time with, "So glad to see you again!" (She was the nurse I had the morning I ruptured.) I just feel like she's pulling for me, praying for us, and keeping her fingers and toes crossed for this little guy.
I did run into my Type I diabetes friend again too. We finally introduced ourselves. Her name is Jennifer. She was put on the monitor right next to me so we got to continue our conversation from the waiting room. She also had a c-section with #1. Apparently, the doctor who performed the surgery only told her that she would be having c-sections from there on out, so it surprised her a little when they moved to Arizona and her current doctor (who isn't Dr. M, but I can't remember who she sees) told her that she doesn't have to if she doesn't want to. I guess her first labor was really long, though, and she had a great recovery the first time around so I think she's going to go with another c-section.
Far be it from me to try to talk anyone out of a c-section, but I hope she at least considers VBAC a little more. I labored for 21 hours with the twins and it was worth every minute! Hoping that this little guy will be VBAC #2. So far, things are looking very good!
More thanks going out to #1, my amazing mother-in-law for all she continues to do for us and #2, to everyone who continues to pray, call, email, bring food, watch kids and just do anything for us! You are all so very much appreciated! Many, many thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment