Saturday, April 17, 2010

NST #18 - 28w6d

Holy cow! I cannot believe we'll be 29 weeks tomorrow! The doctor wants to induce in 5!

Today's non-stress test took a little longer. I was almost the only one there (only one other lady already in there when I arrived and no one in the waiting room).

I got to have Bridget as my nurse again - love that lady! She's very good at what she does and so friendly to top it off! Alas, baby boy didn't feel like being monitored today. Every time she found him and got the transducer strapped on he would pop off. I ended up holding it most of the time. As the doctors only need to seea good 20-minutes, it's not that big a deal. However, baby also decided to fall asleep again. Silly little sweetie! So we were probably back there closer to 40 minutes instead today. However, all tracings were good - no accels or decels that he didn't bounce right back from and no contractions. Hooray!

Big thanks going out to my mom, who's here to help for the weekend, and the greatest husband in the world, James. He's such a trooper. Right now, he's back at the hospital with Callie. She and my mom tripped in the hall in a hurry to the bathroom and she got a pretty good little gash on her chin. However, it doesn't appear to be very deep and the butterfly bandages seem to have the opening closed and bleeding stopped pretty quickly. So we're pretty sure things are okay there. Unfortunately, she has been complaining about her left foot. I held her for a while and she fell asleep, but then she kept giving me her foot to kiss. I couldn't see any bruises or anything, so we thought maybe she just wacked it against the floor pretty hard on her way down.

After my monitoring, our neighbor came over and everyone else went to check the goodies she's going to be adding to her backyard. By that point, Callie didn't want anyone to even touch her foot and she won't put any weight on it. So James has taken her in for an x-ray. Hoping it just got a good bruise, but they are still gone. Please keep her in your prayers as well!

No comments: