Yes, I realize I'm using the same gestational age as yesterday. Apparently everyone but the ultrasound tech at the hospital is using the 4th of July as my due date instead of the 3rd. =( Sad, but oh, well. I figure I'll just use their date so I don't have to say "either/or" every time they ask. (Which is pretty much daily too now.)
Anyway, today's NST was pretty uneventful. I was the only one being monitored, so I got the one nurse they staff in the MOP room all to myself. Her name is Paula and she's the nurse I had on Wednesday to she already knew my situation. I updated her on the bleeding and told her that they had already drawn blood yesterday. (Today's bleeding has been pretty much the same as yesterday, although decreasing even more over the last few hours.)
It was really nice being the only one there. I think Paula was having a rough day on Wednesday, but she was very nice and talkative today. (Not that she was mean before, I just think she was having an off day.)
No more high blood pressure, temperature was normal. No need for any more lab tests. Baby's heart rate dropped about 3 times while I was on the monitor, but shot right back up into the normal range once she got me flipped to the other side. She said having his heart rate fluctuating so much (lots of jiggles in the normal range) was a great sign. He was awake and active and his heart was doing just what it should do. Still no contractions, so that's fabulous!
After the NST, we were chatting and I asked her how many PROM patients she's seen and she said, "Lots". But then acknowledged that UMC is a high risk facility, so they get a high number of the high risk cases. (I think TMC is the only other local hospital equipped for high risk patientts, although Northwest may be as well.)
She then asked me how long I had been hospitalized initially. Even she seemed surprised that I haven't been, but then she did say, "Oh, but you weren't even 24 weeks." Still I guess it really is only a very recent thing that any of us have been allowed to bedrest at home. Honestly can't imagine laying in a hospital bed all day by myself watching days, weeks and months go by. So I really feel that as long as the bleeding doesn't pick up and I'm being vigilant, we're okay with me staying home.
No comments:
Post a Comment