Another stellar performance from our little guy! Perhaps his best one yet!
I told the nurse, Debi, where he's been hanging out for the past couple of weeks and she caught him for a couple of seconds before he popped off the monitor. Then she let me find him (which worked out well as he was a little on the low side, shall we say). Ironically, after having him strapped in so tightly yesterday, I didn't even need any bands at all today! The elastic in my pants was enough to keep him on the monitor! LOL
Anyhow, he didn't pop off even once, never fell asleep, heartrate never dropped or raced, but was very active. Not even a hint of a contraction either. Temp and blood pressure were perfect as well. We were in and out of there in about half an hour. Not as much blood today either, so it's been a VERY good uplifting day all around!
Not a soul in the waiting room so Yolanda, the desk nurse, and I had a really good chat. My goodness, that woman is amazing! What she's been through - she lost babies at 12 weeks, 22 weeks and 26 weeks. Then she had a 33-weeker, born at 4 lbs. 11 oz. who only had to stay in the NICU for a few days solely to gain weight. (Guess they wouldn't release her until she hit 5 lbs. I just assumed, but didn't ask, she delivered in the same hospital we were in. If that's the case, looks like we may just copy her. None of our kids were 5 pounds at 33 weeks!) And then, ironically, she just gave birth 6 weeks ago to a little girl at 37 weeks. She said this little one just keeps her going CONSTANTLY. Love, love, loves to eat and all the stuff that goes with that! (Funny poop stories, but I'll keep those to myself. =) ) I'm just so happy for her to have been able to keep going and have her beautiful little girls. She's just such a happy lady - this isn't the first time I've seen her - and I LOVE when she's there!
Today's thanks go out to my dad and my sweet husband. You guys are the best and I love you both!
No comments:
Post a Comment