Sorry for the delay. I was really tired after I got home last night and have been having a few problems with my own recovery so I decided to go to bed.
I took Aunt Lisa and Uncle Travis to the hospital yesterday to meet nephew Timmy and we ended up getting there just in time to see his echocardiogram and get the wonderful news that his PDA is CLOSED!!! Hooray! This little boy just amazes me! It seems like every time I see him, he has made yet another huge step.
Alas, when I went back to snuggle last night, he was back under the blue lights. His bilirubin had gone back up to 3+. So not as high as it was, but it's so much nicer not to have snuggle-time constraints due to an excess of bilirubin.
He also had a PICC (percutaneously inserted central catheter) put in to replace the lines going into his umbilical cord. It's basically a "baby IV" that was placed in his elbow and threaded up to his aorta to allow fluids and medications to be given without constantly having to poke him. Our neonatal nurse practitioner is Moe Kane and she is fabulous! She looked me straight in the eye the entire time she told me about it. We were given the option of having the PICC line put in or just leaving things as is. On the whole, though, there is a significant decrease in the risk of infection having the PICC line in and since we've been working on avoiding infection like the plague for the past 2 months, it just makes sense to keep with the trend.
The nurses let me watch the procedure and it went very smoothly. Timmy did so well! We also did get Ginny back as our nurse last night. She's so much fun. I'm going to miss her and hope her surgeries go really well.
One other unfortunate matter is that the camera batteries were dead again. I think I'm just going to take a bag of replacements from now on. Can't stand missing all these photo opportunities!
2 comments:
i just love him! so perfect!
we will keep you guys in our prayers luv ya wendy hang in there sweet friend
Post a Comment