Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Go, Landon, Go!!!

I think Landon may just be getting tired of being the only kid in diapers. This morning, all the kids came to hang out with me on my bed. However, since my NST was scheduled for 9:30 and I keep running late, once it got past 8 I told myself I needed to get going.

As I was heading to the bathroom, I saw Landon's pants starting to slide down. Normally, he will step out of them when they get too low so I decided to help him pull them up. "NO!" He didn't want them back up. And he didn't want his diaper on either. He has been showing interest in the potty for a while now so I asked him if he needed to go potty and we ran to the bathroom. He sat down...nothing. But he gets the cutest grin on his face - SOOOOO proud of himself! So we got another diaper on him. I showered and got ready and was resting in the living room and saw him take his diaper of again. James's mom ran him into the bathroom that time. Same thing. However, we did both note that his diapers were wet when he took them off. I'm fairly certain he's to the point where Callie was right before we made the big push - he knows where the stuff goes, just needs to get the timing down.

So the third time, while I was finishing getting ready, he took his diaper off and James's mom (bless the woman for all her patience!) told him to run in again and followed him to the bathroom. Like he always has, he proceeded to sit down and give us his huge cute grin. The next thing I knew, he was peeing!!! Yep, his first pee on the potty. (Wish more had gone in, but connection made!) Hooray for Landon! Looks like this little boy may just potty train himself!

2 comments:

Clarisa said...

*sigh* a self-toilet-training child? how delightful! what awesomeness lies in your family!

Wendy said...

The eagerness is there, the timing is not! Don't be jealous. I'm sure I'll still get to assist him with that one of these days. =)