I had another NST yesterday with a nurse I've already met. Tracey was the nurse who gave me my 2nd steroid shot 3 weeks ago. (Can it really be that long ago already?!)
She was fabulous! Not too many patients yesterday either. I guess there aren't many doctors in the clinic on Monday, so not many patients to contend with. I went in yesterday morning at 9:30 and got out just after 10 - again, baby was stellar. He even stayed on the monitor (with me holding the transducer the entire time) the full duration and not a contraction to be seen.
I had scheduled the gestational diabetes test for 11 and decided just to head over anyway so I wouldn't have to go back out once I got home. I checked in around 10:30 and had barely had time to open my book when they called my name! Awesome! The place was packed, so I'm sure some of the other people who saw me come in were ticked. I also told the tech that I am on bedrest and she let me just lay on the bed in there for the full hour. It was a little embarrassing because other techs kept thinking the room was available and would bring another patient back. Hah, whoops! Honestly, though, I felt like I had every right to just stay there. So I did! This turned into a little bit of an embarrassing moment, however, when I went to get up and discovered that I had actually leaked out a little. Mind you, I'm still spotting/bleeding off and on, so the fluid was red. The tech (a different lady - my first had gone on lunch) said, "No worries. I understand, I'm a woman." Then I told her I'm not on my period. She seemed amazed when I told her my story. Apparently she had a friend who ruptured a few weeks prior to giving birth (I think she was much further along) and had never heard of that happening to anyone else.
Overall, another good day. I am hoping that I passed the diabetes test because, if you fail the first one, you get to go back for the 3-hour version! Not too worried, but I know bedrest can increase your chances of failing!
No comments:
Post a Comment