Another great NST today! However, there was a little scare so it took them a while to get me in. A lady came in at 39 weeks, no prenatal care, speaks very little English and suddenly her baby's heart rate dropped. The doctor in the monitoring room was getting everything prepped for a stat c-section, came out and got Dr. M (who was the attending and perinatologist yet again all day today - the man is amazing!), who went in and came back out about 5 minutes later. Somehow, the lady was still in there when I was taken back. They kept her on the monitor for a while. Hope all is well and that she was able to avoid the c-section. Apparently they weren't sure what caused the decel, but baby's heart rate went back up to normal. I think she was still being monitored when I left.
Our little guy's results were perfect again. However, not quite as good as the past few. The nurse I had (Marion again. I had her last Sunday. She seemed impressed that I remembered her name. I'm trying so hard to remember all the names of the nurses. They have been so great and supportive. Seems the least I can do at this point.) seems a little uncomfortable at times at trying to get both transducers on, not sure if it's because we have to put the baby's so low down (seriously, at least an inch below my belly button!) or what. Anyway, she was trying to help another nurse who is transitioning from postpartum. The second nurse seemed even less like she wanted to try to have to stick anything lower than my waistband so, basically, I set it all up today. Then we couldn't keep my little dude on, so I ended up holding the transducer the entire 20 minutes. Fine with me. I was able to move it just a little and find him quickly every time he popped off. He was so active, it was at least 5 times!
Then, this afternoon, I have been able to go back to wearing pantiliners! Hooray! (Sorry, I'm sure that's way TMI for most people, but after the past 2+ weeks, this is huge for me!) The bleeding/spotting has slowed WAY down! I also had a friend over and she told me I'm looking bigger. Not sure if the slacking of fluid is just my imagination or not.
So very tired! I keep staying up until around midnight to catch up on all my computer stuff. Last night, Landon kept waking up with a hacking cough. Poor thing. He'd go back to sleep, but ended up waking up for the day around 5am and waking Callie with him. Then they woke Trevy at 7am. I think everyone in this house is exhausted tonight!
Also very, very glad to have James's mom back. She brings such a relief to me. I know that's played a huge role in helping baby stay in so long. She has such wonderful patience with all of us and keeps the kids right on their schedule, which I believe helps all little kids immensely! We love you, Mom! Welcome back!
No comments:
Post a Comment