(This one should be safe for any and all viewers. However, since I'm trying to document everything so I can remember and help anyone else who (heaven forbid) ever has to go through this, viewer discretion is always highly advised!)
Wednesday's NST was a breeze after the previous two. For some reason, I was running late, scheduled for 9, got there around 9:20. Oh well. My favorite in-take nurse was there. She's always so nice to talk to. Ironically, by being late, I got to run into Dr. M again! He told the ladies that if I cause them any grief... Really? So I said, "Have I ever caused you grief?" He gave me "the look" so I said, "Okay, maybe yesterday...maybe Monday...maybe last Friday..." He said, "How about the entire last pregnancy?" Seriously? "That was a cake walk compared to this!" I guess he would beg to differ. But he did ask about the bleeding and baby moving so I guess there's one advantage to causing grief - he just remembers my chart! =)
(The in-take nurse and I were the only two there so we chatted a little while I was waiting and, it turns out, she has twin girls. One of them is working at UMC as well in the Peds ICU. Not sure which one, but one of them is expecting and had asked her which doctor she should see and she said hands down Dr. M is the best. I couldn't agree more. I think that's when I told her about VBACing the twins and not being able to find anyone else in the area willing to take me on and just feeling so lucky this time around that I didn't have to search for a high risk doctor after rupturing. We're already there!)
Fortunately, the good news was that the bleeding had slowed considerably, still spotting, but NOTHING like Tuesday! And baby was still moving a lot. So, as far as NSTs go, it was pretty normal. The nurse got me hooked up and baby at least stayed in the vicinity so we were able to get 20 minutes of dashed fetal heartrate in the normal range - 130-140 bpm. Lots of little kicks to watch too so it was a great NST.
No comments:
Post a Comment