Wow, 20 already! And I still haven't met all the nurses!
I had another fabulous nurse today, Linda, who told me a great story about a woman who ruptured around 19 weeks and went clear to 36 and had to be induced. Apparently, the amniotic membrane is a bilayer and only one of hers completely ruptured. However, the other was still semipermeable to the amniotic fluid so she continued to leak a little. She said that they have had a lot of good outcomes from women who have ruptured early, although the majority have gone on to deliver early as well. Well, we're here to add to the full-term PPROM count. (Thirty-four weeks is as far as they'll let me go, so we're considering that term this time around!)
Today's NST was unremarkable. Baby gave Linda a bit of a hard time in getting on, but, once she caught him, he actually stayed on by himself and I was even able to read and chug more water! I did see both Dr. M and my friend, Ofra, this morning, but the MOP room wasn't terribly busy so there wasn't much time to chat. Oh, well. Hope I'll get to see her again!
***
Callie is very frustrated at not being able to run around. She also wakes herself up a fair amount right after she gets put to bed, but she does go right back to sleep. Poor thing. James called the orthopedic doctor today and they won't be able to see her until tomorrow. We both think she'll get a hard cast, though. More pictures to come if she does!
No comments:
Post a Comment