Today was one of those busy fun days. Two more family parties! We started off a little too early (Landon woke me up at 6:30, which didn't combine well with my late night blog fest. Consequently, this will be my only post tonight!) but it all worked out well.
We were able to get ready and out the door at about a quarter to 10. Alas, somehow in the excitement of getting out yesterday, I had failed to pick up a gift for Madi so still needed to pick something up so the kids would have something to give her at her first friend birthday party today. So James took the kids in the van and I swung by Target yet again to pick up a gift.
When I got to the Merrills' at 10:30, the party was in full swing and Landon and Callie were taking their turns at pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey. (I apparently missed the making of the animal masks.) Somehow, I left the camera behind so you'll have to visit the Merrill blog to see pictures.
There were about 12 or so kids total and they all looked like they had a great time. One little girl in particular was so funny about telling us how she lost her latest of six teeth eating corn on the cob. So funny!
The party lasted about an hour and then we met up with Dave and Katie at James's office. The kids were so tired. Had I known we weren't going to take Katie with us I would have just taken them straight home. Poor Timmy just got what little nap he had in the car during his regular naptime. We didn't stay too long anyway and got home around 1:30. Some quick hot dogs and we were ready for naptime, until everyone came in. Bad timing. Dave and Katie left around 2:30. I tried to get Timmy down and he did fall asleep a little in my arms but not for long when I tried to put him in his crib. He's been downing bottles lately. I think the heat is drying him out. I know my milk production has definitely not increased so he really needs all the liquids he can get. One of my favorite things is watching him drink from a cup. Anytime I fill a glass from the dispenser he gets all excited and has to share! It's so cute. (And yes, I drink all that I want and let him have at it. He's actually pretty good.)
After Dave and Katie left and I gave up on getting Timmy down, I came out to the living room and Landon was bobbing and weaving next to James. His eyes were drooping something fierce so James laid him down and he was out.
Again, this wasn't terribly long lasting because Bridgette and Daniel were having their open house tonight. (Not to mention that having kids nap late in the afternoon isn't a very good idea.) We got to their new apartment around 4:00 and Eileen arrived shortly after with her kids. I love having older cousins. They were heaven sent. I know they helped a lot with Yvonne and Derek's little ones too. It's very scary to take so many little kids swimming but when you're one-on-one with adults, not nearly so.
Trevy got the arm floaties on today and was able to swim around on her own for the first time in deep water. So fun to watch her bask in her new-found freedom!
Fives from Auntie Bridge.
My favorite moment was when she was in the water and Landon was debating on how to go back in and she said, "Landon, come swim in the sea!" (Maybe a little too much Little Mermaid?) Still a little disappointed that we forgot Trevy's goggles (or giggles, as she calls them).
Pizza, ice cream, watermelon and family. It just doesn't get any better than that! Thanks, everyone, for a fun day!
(The kids also got a fun surprise when we got home. Wendy was over visiting Melissa and brought her dogs. It was too dark to get a good picture with any of the other kids and the dogs running around.)
And another first I forgot to mention yesterday. I put Timmy's passy-muir valve on first thing yesterday morning. When I returned from my errands, Timmy was asleep in James's arms so I put him down. Something about him looked just a bit different. It took me a moment to figure it out - boogers! Timmy had a little booger bubble in one nostril! I almost wanted to cry. Disgusting to most parents, but such a sweet sight for this mommy who looks forward to the day her little son no longer has to breathe through a hole in his throat. Definitely bittersweet to watch the older kids having such fun in the pool and not be able to put Timmy in. Come on decannulation 2012!!!
And we are over and out, good buddies!
1 comment:
So happy for your lil booger! lol
Lochlan gets super excited about drinking from a cup too! So cute!
Just look at our boys!
Post a Comment