Today was pretty uneventful. After playing in their room last night, the kids slept in past 8 again this morning. When my alarm went off at 7:30, I hit the snooze a few times. I really just wanted to stay in bed and have us all sleep as long as we could but it was the last day of Session 1 swimming lessons. (We'll be taking a break for Session 2. I hope we can get into a better sleep routine and get everyone in the water in Session 3.) As it turned out, Trevy had some...uh...how to phrase this genteel-like...issues...so I figured it would be better for all if we skipped this morning.
We had nothing else on the agenda so just played some more in the living room and I was able to fold two loads of laundry and clean our entryway while Timmy and Callie were napping. So nice to have two down for a while. I tried to get Trevy down too. She's not a natural early riser and keeps telling met she's tired. Honestly don't know why she won't just take a nap.
The best parts of today for me were:
1) Having Trevy and Landon both wake up dry this morning (day 4 in a row for Landon! Very much looking forward to not having to buy any more bedtime diapers!)
2) Callie and Trevy acting out Rapunzel at lunchtime. (They started this on their own and then I asked them to repeat it so I could get it on video. The recording is a little dark. Truly entertaining if you've actually seen the movie. If you haven't, you probably won't understand most of what they're saying.)
3) Having dinner with the elders actually work out. I have had to drop dinner off a couple of times over the past few months because I've either forgotten I signed up until the day of or James ended up not being able to be home. Hawaiian haystacks, yum! Landon is becoming quite the good eater. He cleared his plate twice! Heaven help our checking account when he hits his teen years!
4) Finally getting a great Timmy laugh on video
5) This picture - Landon loves his little brother! (Wish the whole backlighting thing had dawned on me.)
6) Starting Season 7 of Monk with Melissa. I love that show. We've been borrowing the seasons from the Mogges. I love that we don't have to wait until a specific day of the week or pause for commercials. Just wish the show had gone a few more seasons!
***
And, in case anyone else was wondering, Tasha and Uniqua are from the Backyardigans, which the kids have watched but I haven't.
Thanks for clearing that up, Tawna and Denise! I asked both girls, as they usually pick names from books or movies, and neither could tell me!
No comments:
Post a Comment