Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Monday Night Swim Session

One of my favorite things in blogging life is the date stamp.  Some days I can't remember what happened and other days I look at pictures and remember the pictures but not when they happened.  And that's where those sweet little numbers come in.

Most of Monday is forgotten for me, but I do know I had a better night's sleep so I wasn't as cranky!  =)

In getting Timmy's room semi-organized in preparation for painting, I rediscovered this bob and wobble lion that Melissa gave him for Christmas.  It's for 6+ months.  But it also shows the little kid standing next to it.  (Seriously?) 

Even though Timmy was 8 months at the time, I didn't think he was quite ready for it.  So I finally got it out on Monday.  He got so excited!  Not nearly as excited as the other kids (namely Landon), but he did play with it when it wasn't being given rides on the office chair or sent flying across the room.

 (Sunglasses are a popular toy of choice around here as well.)

We just had a busy fun day.  Callie finally decided she really does want to keep taking naps and ended up falling asleep around 2:30.  Landon and Trevy helped me get their room clean again and then we broke out with Elefun, complete with fresh batteries!  (What a difference that makes!)

Landon figured out that he could extend the elephants trunk all by himself by putting the stepstool right next to it.  He really likes Elefun. It's a great game.  Great for playing with friends or by yourself.

This helped immensely so that I could get some bean dip made and get everything else packed and ready to go over to the Barnetts by 5:00.  Believe it or not, we were actually all ready (with the exception of Sleeping Beauty) by 5.  James got home around 5:15 and we just had to finish throwing the last few items in and we were off.

Bridgette made some delicious chicken enchiladas and Daniel had put together some awesome mango-banana homemade ice cream.  Timmy had fallen asleep in the car so I was going to stay with him, but he woke up while everyone else was getting dressed to go swimming so I stayed with Jon and Tessa just long enough to feed him and play a little while he could play uninterrupted and then we joined everyone at the pool.

So cute!
Still not quite as big as a beach ball.
Callie with her two favorite people.



The kids really wanted to try out the warm bubbly water.  It was really nice.  Not too hot.  I love Callie's expression!
Almost a family portrait.
   We give it 50 toes way up! ☺
 Happy couples.
(Doesn't this look like it came out of a brochure for some hotel in Honolulu?)
 Back in the pool.
Back at the ranch (apartment) so everyone could dry off.

Daniel and Bridgette have a little fusbol table with two little soccer balls.  So we would put them out for Timmy to reach for.  He is doing really well.  He wants to be mobile so badly.  He scoots a little on his bottom right now and will dig his heels in to spin completely around.  He also loves to pull to standing when someone gives him fingers to pull up on, but he just can't get the hang of staying up on his knees or taking steps.  Soon, though. I feel it!




No comments: