As you might imagine, today was a bit of a rough go all around after a short night. I was able to drag myself out of bed by 8 but I couldn't keep my eyes open long enough to get ready. By 8:30, I knew I needed to wake up the kids or we'd never make it to swim lessons.
The rail yard from last night's playtime in the dark.
I wasn't all that concerned by the twins' lack of enthusiasm at getting up but Trevy's vehement, "I don't want to go today!" at 8:50 told me that there was no way we were going to make it to swim lessons by 9:15. I, myself, hadn't even showered yet and nobody was dressed or fed. The twins haven't been getting in the water anyway so they could have gone as they were, but Trevy was going to be a major battle. And one I wasn't up for fighting.
So we skipped the lesson today and had a repeat breakfast of cereal again this morning and threw in two more loads of laundry. (The clean clothes are starting to pile up again. Looks like we're going to have another major fold-fest one of these days!) After which I caved and let the kids watch The Lion King after they got dressed. I really needed a shower and Timmy had fallen asleep, in spite of only having been up a couple of hours. I think last night wiped him out too. In fact, I think he fell asleep a couple of times today.
I inadvertently left the camera on Trevy's bed. Can you guess who found it? Some of these are pretty impressive, I must admit.
Gotta love having popcorn smuggled into someone's bed!
I had the best intentions of taking the kids to the splash park with another picnic lunch but I just couldn't muster the energy. I don't think they had the energy either. So we settled for mac and cheese at home and trekked over to Melissa's for a quick dip in the pool. We probably hit about 103 or so again today. It was hot. I dipped Timmy's legs in and let him kick on the side of the pool until my arms started feeling his weight and then we sat in the shade and watched the entertainment.
Lately the kids have been coming up with some great names. I have yet to take the time to learn to edit my videos, so you have to wait a little while, but I think these are totally worth it!
"Tasha" and "Aniqua"? No idea where those came from!
The kids also came up with this idea on their own - the innertube train. They started saying, "Cuchigga, cuchigga-chigga choo choo!" (Think Chick Hicks from Cars 1.)
Timmy loves to steal glasses.
And apparently he's rather proud of his kleptomaniacal tendancies!
Going on four hours of sleep was putting a little strain on my creative brain matter by that time. (Why, why, why won't they just take a nap?!) Thank heaven for kids' games! We pulled out Elefun and the kids had a good time catching butterflies. Trevy and Landon kept at it for quite a while. Callie, however, found the Go Fish cards and then decided she wanted to help me build block towers for Timmy again. The best perk to having two kids entertaining themselves is that it allowed me to work on colors and letters (and even a few words!) with Callie.
After all that, my brain could come up with no more so I let the kids watch a half hour Garfield Halloween. They asked for popcorn and Timmy got really excited. Can you give an edentulous child popcorn? I guess you can!
And I finally got him to wave on video! The royal wave, so cute!
I then tried to give Landon a haircut. Here he is with his popsicle of bribery.
Alas, he shied away from the clippers and his hair is so fine and straight that I didn't have time to get much done with the scissors. Better luck tomorrow, I hope.
One of the highlights of today was getting to see Emily and Baby Jake. They both look like they are doing great! Emily was initially scheduled for induction on Monday but the hospital postponed her to tonight at 10. Fortunately, they were able to get her in yesterday morning. I don't know why anyone would want to start an induction at 10pm. I know you can labor overnight, but why, if you don't have to? Why not stay awake during normal waking hours?
Alas, I was more into holding and admiring Baby Jake than taking pictures so I don't have any but I did get to see Emily's and they have some really cute ones so I'll try to snag one after she posts. My favorite is of Nick holding Jake. Apparently he quite enjoys being a big brother and Baby Jake is his.
The one eerie part of this evening was when I went to take Jake from Emily and my first instinct was to look down to make sure I wasn't going to trip over any cords sitting down with him. I guess, in spite of having three other children with "normal" births, all the hours in the NICU and even some here at home with the apnea monitor have made that my normal response.
One happy little sidenote, I saw the first speck of a tooth in Timmy's mouth today. Bottom right. He just might have his first tooth soon!

5 comments:
So very awesome!! I couldn't ask for better neighbors ~
Ha ha!! I love the title! And I have said those exact words :) Usually in reference to myself, but I will admit I stole it from Friends. The kids are getting so big, I need to come home again.
Cute! I want to say "The Cat in the Hat" but I'm not too sure!
Oh I see...Backyardigans (I just read your newest post)....that's right! I knew I'd heard the names before. I can actually hear the characters saying them in my head!!
Hey Wendy! How are you doing? I loved the swimming video of them saying Tasha and Aniqua! Haha!
Post a Comment