Friday, June 24, 2011

♪♫♪♫ It's Too Dang Hot... And Timmy's First Tooth Nub!

(Do you think I should try titling all posts with an applicable song lyric?  Tempting...  Seems like one generally pops into my head anyway!)

Wednesday was almost brutal.  It started out unbelievably well.  Everyone slept through the night in their own bed and then the kids and I didn't wake up until 9:15!  Holy cow!  (Okay, Timmy woke me up around 6:30, but I just brought him in bed with me and he fell back asleep.  What a sweet little guy!)

So there I was, thinking it was going to be a stellar day.  I had the kids help me pick up their room again (they're getting pretty good at it.  Hopefully they're noticing a pattern here...) and then we went over to Melissa's for a swim.  Very sad, however, because they didn't get to swim more than about 25 minutes.  Suddenly Landon wanted "his" innertube back and Callie was in it.  I asked him to ask her nicely and then wait, taking turns is acceptable.  Apparently he just couldn't and suddenly there was screaming and it was just getting ugly all around.  So I made everyone get out.  It was sad, but I think it was for the best.  Swimming is a privilege and I'm not going to sit out in the heat while they scream and fight.

We went home and had lunch and I tried to get the kids into playing games or puzzles or playdough or something but it was just one of those days where everyone was at everyone else and we ended up watching a couple of movies to keep anyone from getting hurt.

The only thing I could figure really was the heat.  We were supposed to hit 110-degrees, I believe that being the current record for the year.  I didn't see the news, but it was noticeably hotter than before so I'm pretty sure we were at least really close!

Timmy was inconsolable as well.  He just wanted to be held the entire day.  I got a couple of short cat naps from him, but that was it.  It dawned on me toward dinner time that maybe he was finally getting some teeth.  Sure enough, the *mamelons of his lower right central incisor were starting to poke through.  Poor thing!  At least he likes Orajel!

*Sorry folks, my husband is a dentist so I can't simply say "bottom right."  =)

No comments: