Saturday, June 18, 2011

Commencing Work on Timmy's Room

Another day that started waaaaayyyy too early!  Callie and I ended up going to bed around midnight last night and then, in the dusky early morning hours, I got my wakeup call from Landon.  Suddenly, there he was, standing right by my bed, wide awake, telling me not to sleep.  So kind...  Timmy didn't quite make it through the night either.  I was hopeful, as he actually took a pacifier for a while last night.  I think he's teething and figured just having that soft something to gnaw on mght soothe him back to sleep.  Not so much.

Anyhow, Landon was gracious enough to make sure to tell me not to go back to sleep each time my eyes closed.  And of course he whispered, so as not to wake Timmy...

Sooooo I finally got up with the boys and came out to the living room, where I noted that the sun was not up yet and the time on the clock read about 5:20.  Super!  So I got them some cereal and set out to accomplish some work on the blessing afghan I'm making for Anistyn before everyone got up.

Not sure why or how, but it wasn't long before James came out to do his P90X workout.  (I'm amazed at how long he has kept with it.  It really does give good results, though.  I think most workout routines will give you some sort of results, it's all in the actual performing the exercise on a regular basis and watching what you eat.  Wish I had James's will power!)  He did get Landon to join in, though.


Timmy and I read some of his little block books and played with toys.  We started up on the couch but Timmy is currently in the testing gravity phase and everything he doesn't want to eat gets dropped over the edge of something.  Note all the little books in front of the couch behind him.

I then tried to go back to bed for a little while.  (One has to love dental business hours!  I love having James have Fridays off.  For now, at least.)  I think I got about half an hour.  Then James came in to tell me he was heading out.  (He went to St. David today to help his parents sheer sheep.  Not really my cup of tea and I had other things I wanted to do while he had the kids.)  He had Trevy, Landon and Callie all loaded in the car.  Girls still in jammies, but whatever.  I went out to say goodbye and Trevy changed her mind.  So we ended up with two and two, the divide and conquer technique.

It took me until about 11 to get everything ready, including Timmy down for a nap, but I did get two coats of white paint on the ceiling in Timmy's room.  Hooray!  I am so looking forward to having his room "cutified".  And completely organized.  It's not bad right now, just needs an overhaul on the decorating so why not paint while I'm at it?  I have pretty much decided I'm just going to paint the top half of the wall a light green and the bottom a light brown and add a coordinating border where the two meet up.  I have some shelves and pictures to put up already so that should all go pretty fast once the painting is finished.  Getting very excited.  There's something about just getting the project started!

Timmy slept through most of the first coat and then we took a break for lunch and playing with toys.  My brother, Dave, came by during lunch and told us that if they don't have a baby over the weekend, they will be inducing his wife, Katie, Monday morning.  Baby City around here!  Can't wait to meet the new nephews!

Trevy got really into the floor puzzles again today and I let her and Timmy play while I added the second coat and then it was time for more playing with Mommy and dinner.
Trevy got hold of the camera and took at least 20 photos of Timmy.  Some turned out really cute!


And then there's this random shot.  Can you tell what it is? 
Yep, a random shot of a powdered drink cup on a piece of paper...  But she got such a great angle on it!
I had Timmy in the exersaucer while I made dinner and he started rocking it!  Hilarious!


He wants to be mobile so badly.  He spins around really well while he's sitting, using his heels to turn himself, but he can't quite figure out how to get to his knees.  When I've tried putting him down in crawling position, his legs automatically spread into the froggie position.  Not sure what to do about that.  However, he also likes to pull up holding onto fingers so I try to let him pull up frequently and encourage steps, although he's yet to take any.

I got to talk with both Cindy and Steve today.  It's been too long.  Fun catching up.

Bridgette came over and she and Daniel watched What Lies Beneath with us.  Haven't seen that one for a while.  Seems like it's one that we pull out at least yearly though.  Well done with the suspense early on, but there are times I question her actions.  I don't think I would do some of the things she does.  But it's a movie, so whatever.

Hoping to have some kids sleep in tomorrow and be able to get some walls painted!

No comments: