Last week was so eventful! Particularly the weekend, so I'm going to try to blog it all.
Thursday morning was kind of crazy. Jon and Tessa came to use the computer and the printer stopped working for them. The kids slept in a little too and then we could not find Callie's swimsuit. Finally, I had to just herd them to the car and get over to the high school. Yep, I drive two big blocks. I honestly would walk but it's stinkin' hot out there, for starters, and we're barely making it out on time and I'm a little fearful of allowing my children to walk along the side of a busy street.
Following the swimming lesson, in which Trevy declined a prize and Landon declined getting in, we met up with the Julianos at the splash park. The is our first of the season. Soooo very glad they hung some shade awnings. It gets so hot and the ramadas get crowded so it's nice to have a place to sit and picnic on the grass in the shade. Needing to run to the grocery store again so I ended up just taking some sliced watermelon, a bag of Doritos and some Gatorades. Lunch of champions!
The water was a little cool, but the kids did get in. We ran into the Browns while we were there too and it was fun to watch Landon follow the fearless Brennan around.
Merrick and Declan spent most of their time tracking and sitting on the sprinklers. The sprinklers seem to shoot higher this year. Maybe it's just me...
Callie, not having a swimming suit on, wanted to go on the slides. As the slides for the older kids were exposed to the sun, we decided to stick with the toddler play structure.
At one point, all of my kids were at the picnic bench underneath. At first I couldn't figure out what she was doing but, after catching a few words, I was touched that Callie was saying the prayer over their imaginary food! How sweet is this?!
My major accomplishment for the day was getting the drawer of hair supplies in our bathroom back under control. I used to keep all the little jaw clips and hair ties in one of James's dental bur boxes from school but it finally went the way of the dodo. So I got a new, bigger box that was on sale back in April and it went in cognito pretty quickly. It took me a while to find it behind the couch and now I am in hair-supply heaven! I love organizers! (I put shelves in Timmy's closet a few weeks ago too. Love, love, love having places to put things!)
More playtime in the living room. For some reason, Timmy thought it was hysterical whenever I would say, "Whatever!" Some cute noises and laughter from Sweet Timmy B.
Alas, I think his noggin is still just too heavy for him to hold up.
And Callie, with her "fun and flirty" hairdo!
After dinner, the kids climbed Melissa's grapefruit tree. The lighting was beautiful. I love the golden time of sunset. Just wish my photography skills were a bit better. Hmmm...
Such cute kiddos!
1 comment:
Cute indeed! Love the hair accessories organizer. I need to do that. Can never find hair ties.
Post a Comment