It's easy to become a dad but much harder to be one.
You are both great examples of what a dad should be. We were told that infertility, having multiples and having a child with a special need can either bring a family closer together or tear a marriage apart. I'm so grateful to have such a fabulous husband to weather the storms of life with. When some men would walk out, he steps it up. I love you, James.
***
Not sure why, I got at least six hours of sleep Saturday night, but I woke up cranky on Sunday. Maybe because I wasn't really prepared for Fathers' Day. James was already at his meetings when we woke up.
The kids made some cute cards for him.
***
Not sure why, I got at least six hours of sleep Saturday night, but I woke up cranky on Sunday. Maybe because I wasn't really prepared for Fathers' Day. James was already at his meetings when we woke up.
The kids made some cute cards for him.
Landon thought it was really cute that Timmy was so into the crayons.
He loves having a younger brother. I think he scares Timmy a bit, though!
And then I did my best to get everyone to look cute for church. Callie cooperated. (Sure is nice to have Daniel in the ward so all I have to do is ask Callie is she would like me to do her hair cute for him and she immediately sits still for me. =) ).
(So excited this worked! I've tried doing her hair like this a couple of times and it looked awful!)
Landon, on the other hand, is vehemently opposed to Sunday clothes so... We do push for pants over shorts at least! We'll keep working on that.
Church was nice. Once again, many thanks to Daniel and Bridgette for moving into the ward. Sacrament meeting is a lot less chaotic with a 1:1 adult to child ratio. Daniel and Bridgette also were called to be Trevy's Primary teachers. Very excited about that. I hope it goes well.
Sister Miller spoke and I really enjoyed her talk. She shared a story that I really liked. It went something like this:
A father and son were out on a camping trip and started home late. Their campsite was about an hour from their home and they only had about half an hour of daylight left. They hadn't traveled the road before so they really wanted to get back to the main road as quickly as they could. Not long into their drive, they came to a fork in the road. So they decided to pray and find out which way they should go.
Following the prayer, the father asked the son which way they should go. The young son was touched that his father would ask for his help on such an important decision and he responded that during the prayer he had heard the words, "Go to the left. Go to the left." His father said that he had heard the same. So to the left they went.
They didn't get far before they came to a dead end. The father quickly swung the truck around, raced back to the fork and went down the other road, still driving as fast as he could while any daylight remained.
The two drove in silence, each lost in thought. Finally, the young boy asked, "Dad, why didn't Heavenly Father answer our prayer? I was so sure he told us to go to the left, but that was obviously not the right way."
The father answered that he had been praying for an answer to the same question and it was this, "Heavenly Father didn't send us the wrong way. If he had told us to go right, I might have driven for as much as 30 miles before figuring I had taken the wrong road and turned around. By showing us the left road first, I knew that we hadn't taken the wrong road."
Such a great story. I loved it!
Church was good all around. Really not much else exciting afterward. I think everyone was just tired from the weekend. We had deluxe burritos for dinner and everyone went to bed early. I hate being cranky and I was to the point of letting it show.
1 comment:
Love that story!
Post a Comment