Landon loves Cars. I have wanted to record him saying, "kuchigga" and "kachow" for a long time, I just love his little voice! Here it is, for your listening pleasure!
Friday was James's first (and only) chance to go to swimming lessons with me. Ironically, it was Dustin's first time too. So we got to chat with the Tamiettis. It sounds like they are planning on putting in a backyard in the near future. I'm sure Landon wouldn't mind if we did also. (I know I wouldn't...) But it would definitely be nicer if we could have it all planned out and have a sprinkler system put in first. We'll see if it ever happens. So many other projects right now. I would definitely like to make a lawn a priority while the kids are still little, though. Thinking maybe we should start planning now for the spring. It's just so hot right now that I can't imagine finding anyone willing to do much outside this year.
After the lesson, in which Trevy was, once again, the only one of our children to get in the pool, one of the classes got to use the diving boards. This got some major attention from all of our kids and it was slow going to get home.
One of James's former co-workers at El Rio, Sarah, is moving on so they had a party for her that day at lunch. Somehow, we forgot to pack the camera so I only have a few random shots from my cell phone.
Timmy and Sarah
The kids enjoying seeing themselves on the screen.
Dr. Granillo playing with a set of false teeth.
He would pretend like he could take his teeth in and out.
The kids loved it!
In fact, Callie followed him in to his next appointment!
We were tired (and hot) when we got home so, in spite of having planned on going to Safford to spend the weekend with my parents and get in a temple session, the motivation was lacking. However, when I called my mom around 3 and she asked if we were already at her house and sounded so sad that we weren't even on the road, I decided to make it happen and we made record time in getting out of the house by 4:00. Trevy was the only one who didn't fall asleep on the way. (Aside from James and me, of course.)
THE FIESTA
The Safford Stake had a missionary activity in which they held a fiesta and each ward had a food table in the cultural hall and different rooms around the building were set up to give information on auxiliaries and activities within the church. One activity that was set up in the southwestern-most room was a fishing game for the kids. Fabulous! Landon loved it! I know he would have preferred the real thing but, what with all the fires and having to close down all the mountains, this was as close as we could get that weekend. Not that he much minded "hooking" candy on the end of his line! (he only fault I had with the setup is that they were directly across from the women's rest room. Yeah...think line of little kids, line of women... It was one congested corner!
We enjoyed the food and had a great time. The kids first nachos.
Timmy's first sucker, confiscated from the twins' fishing stash.
You'd better believe he was one sticky mess!
I got to see a number of friends from high school that I haven't seen in a long time - Tifani, Trina, Mindy, Dana...
The fiesta started at 11 and lasted until 2 but James and I wanted to try to make it to the temple around 2:00 so we left early. Alas, in my hasty packing the night before, I had forgotten to put my temple bag in the car. Not a big deal, I could just borrow Mom's. At least I had my own recommend, right? Right? Uh...right? As soon as we were en route, I decided to check my wallet and it's a good thing I did because it was nowhere to be found. I cleaned out my purse. Nothing. James just said, "Now here's a little role reversal." Truly, he is usually the one who can't find things. (He will admit this. Love him.) Anyway, I was just so frustrated! I kept searching in the car but couldn't figure out anywhere else it could be. The last place I remembered having it was at Jon's wedding, but I try to make sure I put things back in ASAP. So I had to ask James, only half-joking, "How do you live like this?"
We had a nice little date at Wal-mart and returned to my parents house, where I was able to locate the recommend in the side pocket of the suction bag. At least I know where it is now. We were both tired by then so we decided to go another time.
Callie fell asleep with Grandma, so I played in the "grandkid room" with Timmy and Trevy. Trevy is a puzzle master. She memorizes where the pieces go the first time she fixes one. She has a fabulous memory.
Proud to say that I introduced her to the joys of the Etch-a-Sketch. It's fun to have kids ask where the clearing switch is or the pen to draw with. She did a pretty good job with it. Even had one part that looked like a little puppy.
Timmy is working so hard on being mobile. At one point, he reached out and kept scooting millimeter by millimeter until he was able to grab onto one of the drawer pulls with one hand. He tried to grab the other one with his other hand, but his armspan just isn't quite there yet.
Landon had found some little remote control cars in my dad's room and couldn't resist them. They haven't been played with for a while so they needed a quick overhaul. Landon was so patient. He just sat and watched...and watched...
...and watched...as my dad tried to get the cars going. His eyelids were looking very heavy. Callie was already out so I asked Landon if he wanted to snuggle with me. He instantly snapped to looking wide awake and responded with an emphatic, "No!" (What if Grandpa gets these cars working without me?) I went back to playing with Timmy and not even five minutes later heard my dad call my name in a stage whisper. Landon lost.
Crazy the positions kids can sleep in!
We had mini tacos, chimis and tater tots for dinner. I let Timmy try some sour cream
and ketchup.
So funny! I love all the kiddo "firsts"!
Such a fun weekend. Love to visit Grandma's house!



No comments:
Post a Comment