The craziest thing is that she can literally draw letters too! We taught her to write the letter T last year and yesterday I figured it was time to move on to the letter R so she can start signing her work. I wrote a lower case r, explaining how to make a short vertical line, come back up and put a curve on it. The next thing I know, she says, "Look, I drew an A!" A perfect A! So I asked her if she could draw a capital R. I got an R and a P. Guess we're ready to start putting some letters together here!
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Our Budding Artist
I know I've posted about Trevy's vocal abilities, but this girl also has quite the artistic streak in her. Every day, she spends a fair amount of time at the desk with her pen and paper. She has a very unique way of drawing faces. Here's my favorite masterpiece.
Tonight, James was showing Trevy's artwork to Bridgette and asked Trevy what different things represent. The center face with all the little arms poking out is a porcupine and the dark thing just above that is a jellyfish. I love the bodiless faces in the lower lefthand corner. Classic Trevy.
The craziest thing is that she can literally draw letters too! We taught her to write the letter T last year and yesterday I figured it was time to move on to the letter R so she can start signing her work. I wrote a lower case r, explaining how to make a short vertical line, come back up and put a curve on it. The next thing I know, she says, "Look, I drew an A!" A perfect A! So I asked her if she could draw a capital R. I got an R and a P. Guess we're ready to start putting some letters together here!
The craziest thing is that she can literally draw letters too! We taught her to write the letter T last year and yesterday I figured it was time to move on to the letter R so she can start signing her work. I wrote a lower case r, explaining how to make a short vertical line, come back up and put a curve on it. The next thing I know, she says, "Look, I drew an A!" A perfect A! So I asked her if she could draw a capital R. I got an R and a P. Guess we're ready to start putting some letters together here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment