Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sunday's Stake Conference Surprises!

So maybe I should rename our blog "TMI-lywood"...

This past Sunday, May 2nd, was our stake conference. Much to be dreaded by those of us with more little kids than parents, but we are very lucky that Bridgette and Ammon are willing to sit with us and help us out.

We made it on time, a little early even, and were able to get situated before the meeting started. I had Landon on my lap and he was doing great pointing out lights, vents, babies across the aisle... Twenty minutes after the meeting started he said, "Poopy." (No, I haven't taken the plunge yet. I've tried two mornings, but I've either been too tired or having other issues from recovering from delivering a baby and haven't been able to keep with it for too long, so that's been put on the back burner again.) So I hemmed and hawed and asked, "Do you really need to go potty?" Affirmative.

So off we went and, shock of my life, Landon peed in the toilet!!! Hooray!

Back in our seats, the kids played musical laps again and I got Callie. Sure enough, about 15 minutes later she announced, "Potty." Really? As much as I love getting up and down, blocking people's views and trekking back and forth to the bathroom... But I did take her and Callie peed too!!!

Yes, it was a very proud moment. Especially added to the fact that one of the two toilets in the ladies' room was out of order and both kids had to wait for someone else to come out!

Not sure I remember much else from conference, but that was a big accomplishment for us. Hooray little twinners!

2 comments:

Tifani said...

That is so exciting!!! I love the post Wendy! Hey I am coming sometime this week to see my friend who was flown over to TMC in early labor. She is 33 weeks 1 day and they are keeping her there till she's 36weeks or delivers. But i want to come and see you and little baby!!! let me know if Fri will work for you or what times you go in!!! Love ya Wendy

Clarisa said...

haha! it always comes when you are trying to do something important, like listen during conference...we still have johnny running that game on us but we also have tee (our timothy, now 11) taking him for those trips. so, i guess a least for your future babies, this might get better.... :)