Tuesday, May 18, 2010

NICU Day #26 - Just a Peaceful Sunday

Sunday, May 16, 2010

First, an absolutely ENORMOUS thanks to our wonderful neighbors, the Spickards, for dinner. It was fabulous! We so love and appreciate you both for all you do and all your support. We feel so very blessed to have the understanding and support of two families on our street with NICU experience.

Still no snuggling tonight. But the night nurses make it nice to come in anyway. I love getting to do anything I can for Timmy.

Arrival photo.
The NICU staff is trying to clean out as much as possible in preparation for the big move Tuesday morning so they've given out all the donated stuffies to the babies. Timmy got Winnie the Pooh, Tigger and the Beanie Baby tiger in the other picture. So much fun to see him with lots of little friends!

Melissa was back and told me that Timmy gained 15g. So he's still just over 3 lbs. 12 oz. She always has him so comfy. I love how she positions him to snuggle his stuffies. It's not just for cuteness sake, but also for him to feel boundaries and to have something to hold and keep his legs from sticking together. These are the pictures I took following his 10:00 cares. Soooo sweet! (In case you're wondering, the lights were still on at this point. MUCH better for photo taking, but I don't think the babies like it as much. It's nice to get him all settled and then dim the lights.)


Definitely in my list of favorite photos!
Still no feedings. Melissa asked if I had heard anything about having Cardiology see Timmy for his murmur but I haven't. (She pointed out and let me listen the last time she had Timmy. It's not very loud, but definitely something there.) Vent settings were up a little more from last night.




I will admit that this has been a bit disappointing. His numbers were dropping so consistently I was sure we would get down to the 10-12 range on the flow and be able to extubate soon. Not giving up hope, just eager for it to happen.

As Timmy sometimes seems more stressed when I touch him, I opted not to do a lot tonight but help with cares and sit and watch him. I have also started another knitting project for him to keep my hands busy.

Fun how carrying books and craft projects around can make connections with different people. Melissa is trying to get through the top 100 books list. I hadn't heard of the one she's currently reading and the title escapes me. Jenny also stopped by to see us. She's a knitter herself, which gives me hope with the latest blanket I've started. I think I'll be able to do the body by myself, but I've never added a border...

Another fun video of Callie.

1 comment:

Tifani said...

Where is he being moved to!!! We keep you both in our prayers!!! Love you