It was a rather busy day for us. James got up early to go help his sister, Yvonne, move. In the meantime, it was up to me to get the rest of us ready so we could pull out by 9:30 when James got home. Alas, I was running a wee bit behind so we weren't able to pull out until 10:02. James is so good about being on time to things. I'm working on it. I'm finally starting to set my departure times earlier instead of at the last minute and it's definitely eased the stress when I can get ready by then. The blessings were at noon and it usually takes me two hours to make it to Amy's. Since the building they were being held at was this side of Amy's, we arrived right on time just before noon.
And were the first people there. It was absolutely sweltering outside and, unfortunately, not too much cooler inside as the air conditioner is always turned off when nobody is in the building. It was a little more comfortable by the time everyone got there, but still a bit warm.
That's really all I can complain about. The blessings were beautiful.
They were done in birth order so Anistyn was first.
Followed by Seth.
And Hunter.
Following the blessings, Kaden was ordained to the office of Teacher.
(Really wishing I had discovered the fingerprint on the camera lens before taking this picture. The man who was there to conduct gave a nice, but rather short speech praising Kaden for all that he did during a recent trek. It was over before I could clean the lens and take a better picture.)
We then took photos of each baby with the group that blessed her/him and then the baby with their family.
ANISTYN
SETH
HUNTER
We had a nice little luncheon afterward, including some incredible home grown tomatoes. =)
Our kids enjoyed the spread.
As did my two beautiful sisters with new babies.
And sexy Cindy. (Sorry guys, she's taken.)
Cutest picture of Dillon!
Timmy playing with Cindy's bracelet in the hall during clean-up.
I love watching him scoot. He's getting pretty quick. Unfortunately, he loves to track down flip-flops. He's like a little puppy.
All the grandkids.
The whole Taylor clan.
The sections with the babies.
Makayla and part of her fan club.
We also finally got to meet Heather. It was unanimously decided that she can only become a member of the family if she contributes some dessert recipes to the family cookbook. (Don't read into that. We all really like her but there isn't anything official yet.)
Most of us went back to Ray and Amy's afterward to change, play and catch up with Cindy and Justin, who flew down from Salt Lake for the event.
The girls found the tricycle pretty fast.
And Landon and Dillon hung out in his room for quite a while. At one point I was worried that we had lost Landon but, no, he had just found the toys and a friend. =)
Cute little cousins!
We left around 6:30 and got a nice little rain on the way home. Beautiful rainbow, beautiful sunset.
The blur is the sun. Hard to take a very good shot from a moving vehicle.
A beautiful end to a beautiful day!






















No comments:
Post a Comment