It was a busy weekend.
We got home from the blessings around 8:30 Saturday night and, as we unloaded kids, it dawned on me that I had never gotten a gift for Avery's birthday. I wasn't all that eager to climb back in the car after hours on the road, but then I thought that we definitely didn't have enough gas in the car to make it to Benson and back after a trip to San Tan Valley and back. So, after helping James get the older kids to bed, Timmy and I got back in the car and made a quick trip to Target and to get gas.
I was so glad we did. Sunday was busy too. James had long meetings that morning so I ended up having to get everyone to church by myself. We were almost on time! We would have been, but the kids don't always follow me with their arms folded! (Bless you, Glinda, for sitting close to the door and helping the two stragglers come in!)
The meetings weren't terribly eventful, which is nice. I put Timmy on the floor in Relief Society for the first time to play while I did prelude. He's definitely come a long way over the past few months. I'm not sure most people knew he could sit so well so the scooting was quite a shocking surprise to a number of women.
I did end up having to suction at one point during Sister Hammond's fabulous lesson. Honestly, I could listen to her teach every Sunday. She has that tone of voice and the stories that I just love. She's always so well prepared too! She knocked me completely speechless when she mentioned that she's teaching the family history lesson in a couple of months. A couple of months? Who looks that far in advance?! Anyhow, her lesson was on "The Family Can Be Eternal." After I had suctioned Timmy and was waiting for a good time to return to the room, she shared that her husband didn't particularly like his family growing up and when they took their children to see their grandparents, usually her kids would say, "Hi, Grandpa" and "Bye, Grandpa" and that pretty much comprised their entire visit with him. When she said that, Timmy started waving. It was the sweetest thing!
After church, we raced home to get changed and head out for Avery's second birthday party. We were the last ones there but in plenty of time to enjoy some barbecued chicken and all the fixings. Soooo good!
Then it was time for cake.
It was a princess party. Cutest castle cake!
(Pretty sure mine would have already lost a few shingles...)
Emerson blew the candles out the first time.
So Leah relit them
and let Avery try again.
Timmy enjoyed the ice cream.
Of course, what princess doesn't need help from her brother and all her cousins to open her presents?
All decked out in princess gear.
Then it was time for the piñata!
Not sure why, but our kids decided that 50 steps to cross the backyard was a bit too much to ask so that hopped on the four-wheelers.
Yes, please note colors and genders here. We all had a good laugh.
Until we realized that only the pink one had battery life.
Poor Callie. But she still looked good!
She had put on the second set of princess jewelry the kids had given to Avery.
I can see hours of dress-up fun with these two in the future!
Got this hairstyle off The Story of a Princess and Her Hair so it only seemed fitting. (Be careful if you click the link. I ogle that site for hours! Crazy what that woman can do with hair!)
The piñata was a success.
Princess Avery was the first one up.
So cute! It took her a little while to figure out what to do with the stick. She even tried to hand it to Kelsey!
Her cousin on her dad's side, Cassidy, and Callie were next.
Followed by the boys. Landon had such a mean look on his face! Violent tendencies?
And I don't think anyone expected Emerson to break the thing wide open just yet, but it's still fun to have one of the kids break it as opposed to having the adults have to tear into it.
Cutest little waver!
And Trevy is in love with noisemakers!
Landon discovered two of his loves in the same place! A trampoline with balls on it!!!
(He's also currently in love with the ABC song, but that video wasn't very good. He especially loves singing it to Timmy. So sweet!)
After most of us got tired of playing outside, we went inside to sit and relax, but the kids found other ways to entertain themselves. Mainly, balloon wars!!!
So fun to see Timmy so excited by the balloons!
Another fun-filled day with family!
Happy birthday, Princess Avery!
No comments:
Post a Comment