Thursday, July 14, 2011

Monsoon and the Muddy Fudge

Last Thursday we had our best monsoon yet this season.  Hoping we get a whole lot more!  I LOVE the thunder, the lightening and the pouring down rain for an hour.

Our backyard isn't much to look at (yet, let me finish the inside of the house), but it was fun to watch the water pool.  Earlier in the week, Landon and Trevy had been out watering the trees and the water started to flow in a little stream, which they named the Muddy Fudge.  Have to love the creativity of kids!  With the Arizona heat, it didn't take long for the Muddy Fudge to look like all the other rivers around here.  But it came back with a vengeance and flooded its banks a few days later!

The beginning of the storm.  That's not fog, folks!
My amazing little basil plant.  Takes a licking and keeps on ticking!  Just when I think it's about to give up on me, it gets a little moisture and perks right back up.  Thinking I'll put all my herbs in their own pots next year.
 Timmy's first monsoon season at home.  He's so patriotic!  =)
 Our waterslide.


 And then it started hailing!  Crazy!



You can see how heavy the rain was bouncing off Scott and Abby's house.  (Sorry you guys missed it!)
 The kids all went and danced in the rain.  Landon got a little chilled.


 Love these handsome blue eyes!
 Our barely-above-ground pool.
Amazing sun rays as the clouds began to part within hours of sunset.
 I couldn't decide which one to post so you get them all!
 From the front yard.

Clouds over the Catalinas.
Come back, come back!  (Name that movie.)
Silly Trevy trying to catch raindrops on her tongue.  (The girls hid out in the shed at one point.)
 Landon copying Trevy.

Bridgette came over after and we had a movie night and I made cake cookies for us.  My first egg was a double yolk!


Still hoping this monsoon season will be a record-setter on the heavy end.  Lately we've had a lot of dark clouds that build and increase the heat and humidity and then leave.  Such a tease.  Such a cruel, mean tease...

1 comment:

Arabeth said...

Love the Monsoon. Im right there with you! I love the clouds, Thunder and enjoying it all from the porch.