Friday, July 29, 2011

Off to the...Noodle Races?

Last Thursday was one of "those" days. No naps. Everytime I had Timmy asleep, someone came screaming down the hall. Not that one has to scream very loudly, but after for times of having the poor kid woken up, I was a little miffed, to say the least.

Top that off with it being hot and very humid, I was one cranky mom! (My apologies to those who called during that time. Sorry, I just needed to vent!)

Bless Melissa, she offered to take the older kids swimming when she got home around 4 or so but, by then, I don't like to have anyone napping because then bedtime is brutal!

But it turned out to be the highlight of the day. I decided to hang out with Timmy and, somehow, the swimmers turned the pool noodles into horses and the first aquatic Kentucky Derby was born!

Introducing our first jockeys:



Callie getting it from her horse:



A late entry, but we allow for double riders in our races.  ☺


And crazy cute ones!


We even let Timmy get in the pool for the first time. A little scary, but we figured there were enough adults to entertain the other riders to keep them from getting too excited around Timmy. He absolutely loved it! He's been wanting to get in the water for so long!









I don't think we'll have Timmy in too many more times this season, but it was fun to see him enjoying it so much. It's been heartbreaking at times watching him reach for the water. Can't wait until we can take him in as often as he wants! How can we resist such enthusiasm?






And here's one good reason why all little kids need their daddies.



I can't even get Timmy that high and he's only half the weight of the twins. And James tosses them back to back! Maybe I should start doing P90X...

Or I can just continue to entertain myself with watching my kids.


 Did I mention he can now load the dishwasher too?


Okay, kidding, but he can pull himself up and restack!

1 comment:

Jenner said...

Awesome! I'll have to start training Lochlan to load the dishwasher too! lol

Love the noodle races...Melissa looks like so much fun!