Tuesday, July 13
After a long weekend, I decided not to stay up so late blogging Monday night. I told myself I would be in bed by 11pm. So, at midnight, I made myself quit. So many posts I'd like to put together, but when you need sleep, you need sleep. So I went to bed.
I was awaked by Callie's pretty little face at 2:30am. Lovely. I tucked her in on our bed with James and went back to sleep. Only to hear Landon's cheerful way-too-wide-awake-for-5am voice a mere three hours later asking if he could watch Cars. The sun was already up and I knew from how bright his eyes were that I wasn't going to get any sleep unless I said yes, so cave I did. I tucked him in on the couch (hoping he'd fall back asleep) and went back to bed. At 6:30, he came in again. This time he woke Timmy up too and they started playing. Awesome. Actually, it was really cute, but it's hard to be enthusiastic about it when you're tired.
But I did get up and made waffles for the kids for breakfast yesterday before swimming lessons. Trevy got up around 7:30 so she was ready in plenty of time. Callie, however, had a harder time getting up and only made it out of bed at 8:45, so we still ran in at our usual time, 9:18. (Lessons start at 9:15.)
Chance was there with Dr. Brennan Brown, the Ant-Killing Pogo Stick, so we hung out with them and Brennan, Landon and Callie chased down ants. Trevy joined us about 9:40. I was watching and she had seemed to be doing fine. All of a sudden, she climbed out of the water. The teacher talked to her a little and then she ran around the pool and came to me. Still not sure if the instructor asked her to leave or if she just left. She wouldn't even put her swimming suit on this morning, so I think we're done for the summer. Mind boggling really. All three of our older kids LOVE swimming. Stranger danger? Who knows. We'll try again next year.
After we got home, Landon found a strip of bubble wrap and brought it into the living room. It's still so much fun to pop all those bubbles. (Although the designers have made them harder to pop of late.)
I got some toys out for Timmy and he started poking the buttons on the helicopter to play the music and dancing to it. I love it!
And one in the kitchen the day before playing with the Leap Frog letter toy.
The best picture I have yet of his two little teeth!
I put Timmy down shortly after lunch, around 1. He was only too happy to comply and took a great nap until about 3:30. In the meantime, I was able to get the living room picked up a bit and finally got myself to stop cleaning and sit down with the kids. Melissa had taken Callie to run a couple of errands so it was just Landon and Trevy. We read Dirk Bones and the Mystery of the Haunted House. Cute. Creative, but maybe a bit beyond them at the moment. However, we went to the library last Friday (bless Melissa for inviting us to go with her. The last time I went by myself was a bit crazy. Too many books coming off shelves too fast.) so we have plenty of other books to read. Then we played Go Fish. Landon plays so well! It's sad, but inside I dread having him lose. I think I am jaded by years of watching poor losers. (In general, not always when I'm the opponent.) But he handles it so well! He gets so excited! He just loves counting the matches with me. And, in true boy fashion, loves finding the sharks. If he starts with one, that's always the first one he asks for.
He and I played a couple rounds before Trevy joined us. Not sure they quite understand the game when it's played by more than two people. They also have trouble holding the cards in their hands so it's hard for them not to cheat. (Even harder for me not to cheat! =) )
Callie and Melissa got back around 3:00 and tried to take a quick nap. Then we tried to take the kids to a movie to get out of the heat. It was a rush to get out the door but we did get to the theater shortly after the 3:40 showing of African Cats started. No sooner had we sat down then Landon told me he wanted to go to Grandpa's. Really? He's in love with my dad. Ever since we went fishing. Anyone mentions Grandpa and he's ready to climb in their car!
I tried to distract him by letting him scroll through the pictures on my phone. That last maybe 15 minutes. Trevy came to join him and has yet to learn how to whisper. I'm sure her naming everyone and everything was a little annoying to other movie-goers. Callie was content to lay on Missa's lap and watch the movie. Timmy was thrilled by the lion activity and loved the Rice Quakes. It was fun watching his little face get so excited by the big cats.
Finally, Landon broke down. He was just so ready to go to Grandpa's so Melissa and I herded everyone out of theater 2. It was kind of sad. The girls both wanted to watch the movie. There was only about half and hour left so Melissa took them back in with her and I took the boys outside with me, figuring I'd appease Landon and just let him call my dad. No answer, so I thought we'd walk around the corner and get a little grocery shopping in as I needed a few things for Melissa's birthday dinner and cake. We didn't make it even to the end of the sidewalk when I saw Sandra. Such a nice surprise. She had just finished watching Thor with a friend and I think they were just getting ready to part ways so it was nice to get to chat with her for a while. It's been too hot for us to play tennis and she hasn't seen Timmy since he was discharged.
Awe, thank goodness for cell phone cameras! Hoping this weather will cool off before too long and we can hit the courts again.
I was able to let Landon chat with my mom after Sandra left and then Melissa and the girls came out shortly thereafter.
We stopped off at Fry's for the few items and Melissa spoiled the kids by grabbing a cart with the car in front.
I have personally decided never to take those carts again because they are so hard to steer. And, as you can imagine, with three kids, they ALL wanted to ride all the time. I came up with the idea that the odd man out got to be my assistant and put two items in the shopping cart and then they would rotate. It actually worked pretty well.
It was after 6 when we got home so we just had some quick burritos for dinner before James headed off to help the bishop. In spite of wanting to make Melissa's cake the night before, exhaustion won and, after battling Callie and Timmy for short while, I called it a night at 10:30. Happy to say it was a much better night than the one before! Although, on a sad note, I defrosted the last bottle of my own milk for Timmy Tuesday night.
Strange how one frozen bag can bring back so many memories. The irony that I thought I had such a stash so many months ago and was willing to share. Now I'm glad no one took me up on that!






2 comments:
Timmy makes me laugh! So cute. He reminds me of Lochlan and how enthusiastic and happy they are.
I hear you with the milk thing. I remember at one point thinking about donating my breastmilk. Made the phone calls and everything. I still wish I had of been able to, but I definitely needed it for Loch.
It's a super sad moment for sure.
*hugs*
I do love our boys. They are so cute! Such fun to watch them doing the same things in two different countries!
I'm actually okay with the milk right now. A little sad, but it's the usual sad that I get when my babies are no longer "baby" babies. It's good that they're healthy and growing, it really does just go too fast. And yet you and I have both had out "baby" babies much longer than most people. One of the (few) preemie perks!
Post a Comment