Monday, June 14, 2010

Splash Park Fun

We met Melissa and her boys at the splash park yesterday.  Fortunately, they live farther away than we do, so that bought us a little extra time to get there.  I originally had visions of lots of cute photos of the kids playing together but they had other plans.

When we first arrived around 9:45, Melissa was already there with her boys and the boys were having snacks.  I sprayed my kids with the sunscreen and we headed over to the splash pad.  The water felt a little chilly splashing on my legs and I feared that the kids were just going to want to be held.  Lucked out on that one.  Callie brought the goldfish in with her and even the goldfish went for a swim! 
Meanwhile, Melissa's boys decided they didn't want to play in the water, they wanted to go on the slide.  So after a while, we headed over to the play structure as well.
Callie really isn't pushing Landon down the slide, although I'm sure many of the kids wanted to.  He would sit at the top for a while before going down.  Not sure why. 

The kids all played on the structure for maybe 10 minutes and then Declan decided it was officially snack time.  It was so funny - he would go get a peach or something, come back and eat it and then go get something else.  Just about the time they were through with snack time, my kids decided they were hungry, so we snacked while they went to the splash pad.

At long last, we all made it to the splash pad at the same time.  Not really together, though, so I didn't get any pictures of all the kids.  I love this one of Marek.  The water was definitely chilly.
The sprinklers are favorites among the little people.


I had to laugh.  Not sure where Callie got the idea to preen herself.  So cute!


No comments: