Sunday, May 30, 2010
We got to have Melissa again Sunday night. Other than recalling that she was Timmy's nurse and Francesca was on the other side of the room, the night was pretty much a blur.
I had gotten out of bed at 6am Utah time (5am Arizona time) to pump and get ready for the day so I could be to breakfast by 7 and we could be headed to the airport by 8. We did make it to the airport in plenty of time, albeit a wee bit later than originally planned, but it's nice to get there slightly "late" and not have to wait as long!
For some reason, let's blame lack of sleep, I had forgotten to bag the milk bottles in our little cooler and didn't think about it until we went to pass through security. Fortunately, they didn't throw them out. I think having the breastpump was the bigger issue but having it made it easier to get the milk through. They didn't even ask for the doctor's note!
We had a long 3-hour layover in Las Vegas and made it home a little after 2pm. Crazy to leave 50+ degrees and arrive in 90+! Another HUGE thanks to Auntie Bridge for watching the kids for the weekend and dropping us off and picking us up at the aiport. We love you!
Trying to get all my pumping sessions in while flying and then squared away before getting Timmy in my arms took a little doing. I just like to pump right before holding him so I can hold him as long as possible before I have to put him down for the next session. If we could just get off that darn ventilator...
Melissa had Timmy dressed in the cute froggy preemie jammies I brought. In a weird moment, I bought them at Once Upon a Child about a year and a half ago. All of our children have worn preemie clothes to start so I figured I was safe to buy one pair of jammies. They are just so cute and fairly gender neutral. Green is definitely Timmy's color!
Timmy was tolerating the 4ml feeds really well and was bumped up to 5mls at 2am. Just so glad that they are going slowly with him. Even though he's looking stellar, it scares me to think of trying to go any faster than increasing 1ml every 12 hours.
Bless Melissa for being such a fan of Kangaroo Kare. She doesn't waste time in getting baby to mommy. Don't think I could have waited any longer Sunday night. After not getting to hold him Thursday night, Friday and Saturday nights were a little long (thanks for filling in Friday night, Dillon! It really did help to have a little baby to hold!) and it was so nice to get my little man back in my arms. I like to think he missed me too. When we first started holding, his oxygen requirement was around 40%. Within 20 minutes, Melissa had had to drop it twice because he was satting 100 and didn't drop at all the first time. Hooray! So sweet. Oh how I love holding that little man! Looking forward to the day I can hold him all night long!
No comments:
Post a Comment