Tuesday, June 22, 2010

NICU Night #60 - Lisa and Cindy's Open House

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Lisa and Cindy's open house started at 6:30pm.  We were planning on heading out around 8 or so to get back to Timmy but didn't end up leaving until after 10:30.  Definitely not recommended with three kids under the age of 4 and church at 9am...

I had debated long and hard on whether or not to go.  I'm fine driving the 7 minutes to and from the hospital, but even 20 is pushing it on my being alert and even remotely safe behind the wheel.  But my angel came in the form of my best friend telling me that she was going to go to the open house and, when I asked if she wanted to come with the kids and me (James was out of town for a CE course), she offered to drive.  Thank you soooo much Sara!  She not only drove, she watched the kids earlier so I could go to the hospital and helped set up for the open house.

She got us home safe and sound shortly after midnight.  I wanted to go see Timmy but wasn't sure I could force myself to stay awake any longer and it's not a good idea to try to hold infants when you can't stay awake anyway.  So I called and Jenny was on Saturday night.  She told me that Timmy was looking really good, resting peacefully.  With the smaller tube he was having far fewer secretions - she had only needed to suction 2-3 times in the 6 hours she had been on.  He had lost half an ounce (2380g down from 2395 the night before) so was still just holding steady at 5 lbs. 4 oz.  However, he had had another 100g diaper prior to being weighed.  Amazing how having just fed or changed a baby affects his weight so directly.

I was glad I had been able to hold Timmy Saturday morning so that I was able to go to sleep Saturday night not having missed another day with him.  Also very glad to have been able to make it to Lisa and Cindy's open house.  We had a great time.  Especially the twins.  About an hour before guests were anticipated to arrive, my niece and nephew came through the front door and said, "Aunt Wendy..." in that voice that means, "You'd better come look at this.  Someone's doing something they shouldn't.  No one is bleeding, but..." they found the dog's bath water.  Once they're soaked, what can you do?  Grab the camera and hand them a hose!









The twins were also very instrumental in feeding Belle.  They were giving her one piece of dogfood at a time.


Amy, Sara and I also had a little fun with the gifts.  Please don't be offended if this one was yours.  Really not trying to take credit, just add to the memories!



A fun, fun day!  Congratulations Lisa, Travis, Cindy and Justin!

No comments: