Wednesday, June 2, 2010

NICU Day #43 - 6 Weeks Old & Quick Feeding Update

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I cannot believe Timmy is already 6 weeks old.  The concept of time has changed so much for me over the past few months.  Truly the pregnancy feels imaginary and I'm in denial of having been on bedrest for 8 weeks.  It seems like Timmy has always been here and yet it seems like it can't possibly have been 6 weeks already since the day he was born.  He sure has lived an action-packed life for the time he's been in the NICU.

Dana is his nurse again today.  Hope I'll get to run into her again one of these days but Wednesdays are usually not so feasable for making it in between 7am and 7pm.

I called because I was a little concerned with last night's residual at 11.  Dana has gotten 1-2mls back a couple of times but they have all looked the same - partially digested but normal in color - and his ostomy output has been less liquidy so she has just given them back with his next feeding and he has still been tolerating the feeds well.  He was bumped up to 9ml this morning, which is the max he has taken to date.  Please keep him in your prayers that his little belly is ready this time around!

3 comments:

Tifani said...

Keeping you in our prayers!!! Luv ya dear friend

Becky said...

fingers crossed for great feedings today!

Rachel said...

Hey there! I just found your blog through a facebook link on PPROM. I also ruptured early. I was 22 weeks and 5 days. I have been in the hospital now for a little over a week. I am 25 weeks and a day. I love reading your story. It is things like this that really keep me motivated and keep my spirits up. I am praying to get to 28 weeks and anything after that will be a blessing. I will keep following your story and I am confident your little one will pull through. Hang in there and I will be praying for you. Here is my Blog if you want to check it out. www.brandonandrachel.blogspot.com