Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Wimbledon Dream Officially Dies

Yes, folks, I'm afraid it's true. You will never see James and myself at Wimbledon. Well, maybe in the stands someday...

My sweet, sweet visiting teaching companion came over this morning to give James and I a couple of hours without the kids to go rekindle our fire for the game of tennis. We left the house at approximately 9:15am, and were pretty much finished by 9:45. We made ourselves hit for an hour for old times' sake, but the showing was pretty much less than impressive. (We blame a portion on lack of sleep due to a certain toddler joining us every night for the last three nights. I was up with her Tuesday and Wednesday night, but last night she got us both! Unfortunately, I'm not sure that sleep deprivation can be solely blamed for our pathetic performance.)

As the song says, time marches on. Ironically, we were hitting at Catalina High School and they had an assembly this morning out on the football field, just adjacent to the tennis courts. Hard to believe it's been 12+ years since that was me!

No comments: