Monday, January 12, 2009

Sweet Moments

Well, I'll start with the not-so-sweet. Smelling, that is.

This morning, Trevlyn was playing in one of the cupboards in our kitchen while I was working on loading the dishwasher. Suddenly she jumped up and said, "Potty." Really? We've given up on the potty training for a while, but I decided to encourage this. She was already headed for the bathroom so I followed. She walked right up to her potty and struggled a bit but got her shorts and her diaper off and sat herself down and went! (Both #1 and #2, I might add!) So proud.

***

And the sweetest of the sweet. Up too late chatting online and suddenly I hear Landon crying. I went in and snuggled him and he fell back asleep in my arms. As I was watching his sweet angel face, he suddenly smiled and laughed. I've only seen that in my newborns. Such a sweet moment. I finally had to put him back in his crib. If I didn't need some sleep myself, I would sit and hold him all night. What a sweet little boy! How blessed am I to be his mommy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wendy! don't worry, i still check your blog regularly for new posts, even if blogger doesn't tell me to. love you and miss you! we might be down sometime in feb!

raffleckt said...

Uh oh... am I the other chatter? Oh well, that was fun!

About your sweet "sleep talker", I feel the same way! I relish the times I get to snuggle Avery & watch her sleep. Sometimes I sleep w/ her for my own selfish desire to cuddle her & have "caught" her having many tender conversations, even a few out loud! Love it!!