Monday, January 26, 2009

Another Cute Moment Brought to You By Trevlyn (2)

I got Trevlyn a package of Elmo underwear for her birthday last year (4 months ago). At one point, she had seemed interested in potty training, telling us when she was "poopy". Let's just say that the dream of easy and early potty training never materialized.

Anyhow, I have let Trevlyn wear her Elmo underwear twice when she's gone in her potty. Both times she ended up soaking them not more than an hour later. So I've decided to forego letting her try the underwear thing until it's a done deal.

Today I could tell she needed to go to the bathroom so I got her to go in with me and she went! (So proud!) And then where did she go? To her room - pulled open her drawer, got out the Elmo underwear and proceeded to put them on. (Both legs in one hole, but on they were!) Let's all keep our fingers crossed that she won't have to have a diaper underneath them too much longer!

1 comment:

PL Rath said...

Congratulations! I have to agree that potty training was hit or miss at our house. Our older girl was interested before she was 2yo because of her older brother, but was off and on until now, as both girls are doing it together. Having the older one in diapers until she was 4yo was worth having the younger one done before she's 3yo!