Friday, January 30, 2009

The Twins are 1!

It's official - we are the parents of 2 1-year-olds and 1 2-year-old! Just doesn't get any better than that!

The past year has absolutely flown by! Okay, so February through May of 2008 were a little looonnnggg due to lack of sleep, but the rest of the year just sped right on past us. Hard to believe that the twins have already celebrated their first of every holiday.

Which gives much to reflect on.

Starting on this day last year, many wonderful dreams were realized. First, the twins were born via successful VBAC, absolutely beautiful and healthy, no NICU time whatsoever. Our hospital stay only touched four days because I was in labor for 21 hours. But our favorite nurse was there almost the entire time and she phenagled us a room of our own!

After we got home, we were deeply touched by the outpouring of love on our behalf. Friends brought by dinner and would call to take Trevy for the morning. Or they would just "happen" to stop by when I was in desperate need of another pair of hands. There is just no way we can ever thank all those who helped us. If you're reading this - THANK YOU!!!

Another miracle has been that I was able to nurse them for a full year. With what we did end up spending on formula... And what a great experience. There really is nothing quite like being the one person who always gets to feed baby. (Apologies if this is too much for some of you.)

Since I didn't quite get the blog up and running before the babies were born, here are some of the first pictures we took after we got home. (Blankets were given to us by Sister Webb in our ward. I just walked into sacrament meeting one Sunday and she came over to me and handed me a bag with blue and pink tissue paper sticking out. Such a sweet surprise!)




Having twins has been such a joy. This past month they have really started crawling around and entertaining each other. They will follow Trevy down the hall to her room (soooo cute to watch them crawl after as she calls to them, "Come on, Lannon. Come on, Towie.") and then the three of them will tear her room apart. Puzzle pieces and animal train parts EVERYWHERE! But I love to just stand back and watch them. (Great that Trevy is really into, "Clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere..." these days.)
Both of the twins are pulling up big time now. Callie will even stand on her own occasionally and loves to "step, step" holding onto fingers. Landon will "walk" too, but he still seems pretty content to get around on his own. Such an independent little guy!
They both love fruit - especially bananas and peaches and pears. Callie will even feed herself green beans, but Landon knows better. =)
Landon is a dream napper. He usually sleeps longer than Callie at any given nap time, though I fear the twice-a-day naps are coming to a rapid close.
One recent discovery is that the twins have a fascination with the vacuum. Kid you not. When they were first born, Landon in particular was terrified of the thing. Then just the other day I went to vacuum while they were awake and he tore across the room to smack it. He started laughing and getting so excited as soon as I turned it on! It's the cutest thing. For lack of a better description, he reminds me of a little puppy following a pull toy around.
Just so sweet. What a year! What a blessing to get to have twins in our home! I love having a boy and a girl at the same time. I love watching them laugh at each other, steal each others toys and have them stolen back. Any bottles or sippy cups left on the floor are fair game. There's nothing sweeter to wake up to in the morning than two little kiddos laughing at each other or even crying to wake you up and then busting into huge smiles and shaking their cribs the minute you come through the door.
Oh, how we love you, Landon and Callie! Happy birthday, sweet twinners!

No comments: