Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Trevlyn's First Primary Program; Wendy's 33rd Birthday; Missing Natalie

Sunday was an...interesting day, to say the least.  The kids were up and down all night.  Not sure why that happens sometimes. A definite drawback to the potty-training efforts because how can you refuse to take a child you're trying to potty train when they tell you they need to go?  Even for the third time in as many hours?

At long last, we all fell asleep for the long haul around 5am.  I didn't hear James leave for his meetings and woke up just after 7am.  (I usually don't sleep long when I'm up with Timmy at 4 or 5am because I usually fall asleep in the chair and my arms and hands fall asleep and wake me up.)  Right then I knew it would take a miracle to get us to church on time.  My time markers are that I have to be dressed and ready to go by 7 and the kids all have to be up by 8 at the latest.  I wasn't ready until about 7:45 and had to wake kids up and they were in no mood to be cooperative.  We were also out of milk so I couldn't just give them cereal for breakfast.  No eggs either so I finally hit upon leftover waffles.  I try to avoid syrup on Sunday mornings at all costs, especially when I have to get the kids ready before they sit down to eat.  Oh, well.  I had the girls hair done and still needed to get Landon dressed around 8:30.  Still needed to finish off the diaper bag as well.  We definitely weren't going to make it by 8:45 as I had hoped.  It was Trevy's first Primary Program and I really wanted to be on time.

James's parents came by with food and cakes for after church and helped me get the kids ready.  I could swear there are just those times when the angels know I really need some help.  Generally when I'm on my third night or so of fewer than four hours of combined broken sleep, I'll get a night where everyone else sleeps through the night, occasionally even in their own bed, and Timmy will only wake up every 3-4 hours, eat in 20 minutes or less and go right back to sleep.  That I can handle.  It's the up for an hour every hour and a half that kills me.

James and Jon ended up saving seats for us - thanks guys!  Bridgette and Daniel came by before church as well and helped get kids loaded into the van.  Even with all the help we were still a few minutes late.  I hate to think how late we would have been without the help!

The program - what I saw/heard of it - was cute.  Trevy got to give her line, "God is the father of my spirit" right after the introduction so I got to hear her before taking Timmy out for suctioning and feeding.  I missed most of the rest, but heard that it went well.  So strange to have a child old enough to be participating in the Primary Program now.  But such fun!  I found myself just wanting to watch her the entire time to see how often she got distracted by the audience and failed to sit down on cue or admire her beautiful smile while she sang.

After church, the Brimhall family threw my father-in-law and myself another joint birthday party.  (His day is the 30th.  Told you there are a lot of us in October!)  Another rousing success.  I have to give all credit to my mother-in-law for setting things out and cleaning things up.  Once she gave me permission to sit and eat, I was out of commission.  The exhaustion hit hard and all I wanted to do was sit and eat and feed Timmy.

One thing that did finally spurn some adrenalin was Trevlyn coming through the backdoor after everyone but Leah and her kids and Bridgette and Daniel had already left.  Trevy, Landon, Callie and Emerson had just been running around in the back yard and suddenly Trevy came in to tell us that she had "yellow" on her pants.  Once we could tell it was paint, James, Leah and I were in the yard in no time.  Somehow, they had gotten the quart of yellow paint I got to paint letters for the kids room opened and spilled the entire thing in front of the swing set and were stepping in it.  Thank goodness for potty training.  Emerson and the twins only had shirts and underpants on so Trevy's pants were the only casualty. 


I wish we had more pictures, but three adults versus four kids and a full quart of latex paint makes that a rather risky endeavor so we opted to just get things cleaned up.

It was a good party.  Fun times had by all.  A great birthday all around.

One sad note, I decided to check Facebook just before going to bed and the first post I saw was

Natalie Evelyn Teegarden April 21, 2010-October 16th 2010
Lost from our arms, forever in our hearts.....

It breaks my heart whenever I think of their loss.  Natalie is the daughter of a friend I met online after my water broke back in February.  Her membranes had ruptured too and we were on bedrest together, sharing Sunday as "week" days.  She ruptured about 3 weeks earlier than I did and make it 4 weeks farther than I did to deliver at 33 weeks.  Such an amazing woman.  I was on bedrest for 8 weeks total and she had already been on it about 7 week when I started.  We ended up delivering on the same day.  So neat to have Timmy share a birthday with Natalie.  Natalie's mom also kept a blog for Natalie.  It's well written and heartfelt and I have kept up each time I got on to blog about Timmy and even more frequently than I have been able to blog since Timmy was discharged.

Natalie truly was a NICU warrior.  So happy that she is finally at peace and her battle is ended, so very very sorry for her having to pass on to reach that state.  Can only begin to imagine the anguish her family is going through.  Please keep them in your prayers.
Photobucket

No comments: