I've been rather hit-and-miss lately with my little preschooling mornings but felt motivated last Friday to do something. Timmy has started teasing me into thinking he might be up for some scheduled napping times at 9 and 1. Some days it happens, but usually only if he and I are up around 7.
Friday was one of those days so I looked up some Halloween crafts online and printed out some pumpkins and spiders from the DLTK website. The kids were supposed to color their pumpkins orange (we got one orange pumpkin from Trevy) and then add some facial features cut from black construction paper.
I had purchased safety scissors back in August when school started to teach the kids how to actually use scissors. Hoping that by giving them projects to cut out I can wean their curiosity and skip the hair cutting. (I mentioned this to Sara Sunday night and she laughed. Sounds like it's only a matter of time for any of us. I'm doomed!)
Landon got the technique a little bit. I also printed out a spider pattern that lets you make 3-D spiders. Unless, you snip too much of the spiders, that is...
Trevy still prefers the two-hands-on-the-scissors method. (Yes, we like to get messy around here.)
Callie lost it when I took away the glue stick after she gouged it and rubbed the glue all over her legs.
I tried to get Trevy to use one hand and she did try.
This is the only surviving pumpkin. Maybe some day we'll get to decorate our front window with cute pumpkins the kids have made.
No comments:
Post a Comment