Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Brimhall Birthdays!

October is a busy birthday month for the Brimhalls.  We had a triple celebration the first Sunday of the month, October 3rd, to celebrate Olivia's actual 1st, Mom's 62nd and Leah's big 3-0 a couple of days early!  Fun times had by all!

To be honest, I felt it a small miracle that we made it.  I have read and heard from so many friends how wonderful General Conference was, what talk they enjoyed the most, felt most applicable to their lives, etc...and I can honestly say I don't remember a thing.  Granted I was only physically able to listen to a portion of the fourth session, but even that is a blank in my mind.  Wish I could say that I'm looking forward to getting to read it all in the Ensign next month, but I don't think that will happen either.  With any luck, we'll be able to get them on CD and I can start listening to a talk or two every night as I clean the kitchen.  Of course, this is all dependent on when everyone under 5 starts going to bed on time and staying in bed and sleeping through the night so I can clean the kitchen every night.

But I digress.  (If you've read any of my other posts, I doubt you're surprised.)

We left our house around 11:00.  Halfway down to St. David, Landon exclaimed, "Timmy's holding my hand!"  It was the cutest thing!  Hard to get a good angle for a picture, but Timmy really did hold Landon's thumb a couple of times.  Made Landon's day.  Which, of course, made Mommy's day!




The party was great! We had another schmorgasbord for lunch. Taco salad, yum! But the cakes were out and you could tell what the kids were all waiting for. Poor Emerson; he kept yelling, "Cake!" I believe he was beyond ready when the time finally came for blowing out candles.

We had a good cake selection - Mom likes German chocolate with coconut frosting; Leah likes carrot cake; and Olivia's was an angel food cake with strawberries.

Mom blowing out the bonfire...
Leah's turn.

After the cake and ice cream were consumed, some of us took up spots on the couch to attempt listening to the fourth and final session of General Conference.  The others took up various spots outside keeping an eye on the younger crowd.

Avery enjoying the spoils.
 We almost got Trevy to take a nap.  Almost...
 Not a chance with the other two!



 But I love this picture.
 We had a nice rain during the last session and were treated to a spectacular rainbow display.


A perfect ending to another great day!

No comments: