Well, I was supposed to babysit for a friend this morning but her oldest woke up sick. As I've been debating for a while when to start potty training the twins, I decided today was the day. Callie will usually tell us when she poops, sometimes even before she does the deed, so I'm thinking that she'll catch on pretty quick. Not sure that Landon is quite as eager, but I figure if it doesn't work out, I can always try later (like when they turn 3), but if it does... Not to mention we're running low on wipes and only have one case of wipes left.
Sooo...before I got them dressed, I had them each say goodbye to the diapers and put on some underwear. Callie was thrilled! She has loved putting on Trevy's panties over her diaper for months and loved having her own princess panties on. Landon...well, let's just say the boy thinks it's more fun to go commando. (Don't worry, I promptly put them back on each time.)
No luck with either twin peeing in the potty today, but each time Callie peed, she would tell me if I didn't notice and we'd run to the potty. The funniest thing was that the first time I took her and pulled off her wet panties, she through a fit! I tell you, she LOVES panties! I reassured her that she was just going to get a new pair of dry ones and after a couple of times, she caught on.
The morning went well, no meltdowns. (Side note, definitely TMI: I don't think Landon will have the same problem Trevy does going #2.) And both the twins woke up from naptime with dry underpants - even though Landon slept for over 3 hours! Go kiddos!
We'll see how Day #2 goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment