Thursday, January 14, 2010

Landon's Talking!

After months of wondering if my handsome dude is speech delayed, I think he is finally deciding to join the speaking crowd. Today Landon dug through my cupboard and found a can of peaches - which he LOVES - and said, "Peach." Then in the tub, he grabbed the rubber ducky and said, "Duck. Quack, quack."

I've been worried and not worried because he has never shown any frustration. He just doesn't seem to care whether or not he can say things. Apparently he can, though. Just doesn't feel the need. Hopefully that's because we are doing a decent job of figuring out what he wants/needs anyway!

Callie, not to compare, says tons of words now. Her favorites are, "Sheep. Ammon. Nap." Crazy but she'll usually come up to me with her "ahnee" in her right arm and her left thumb in her mouth and let me know she's ready for "nap". Works for me! She'll also always ask for "Lannon" as soon as I put her down.

No comments: