Trevlyn has decided to assert her independence in dressing herself, particularly shirts and pajamas. She has a pair of purple pajamas with ballerinas on them that she loves and has asked for them the past 2 nights. (Fortunately, Mommy did get that load of laundry washed so we were good for tonight.)
It is a long sleeved shirt, pant set. The shirt has three ballerinas on it. Trevy let me turn her clothes right-side out, but that was it. She wanted to do the rest herself. (If I help pull a shirt over her head, she'll scream and pull it back off.) So I let her put the shirt on and went to get toothbrushes to brush other little teeth. When I came back, I saw that she had the shirt on. She went to look in her mirrored closet doors and got a confused look on her face, wondering what happened to her ballerinas. They were on her back. She let me help her get her arms back out and I thought we would just turn the shirt - oh, no! She got mad at me for trying to help beyond that, so I came out to help James put the twins in their cribs and went back in to check on her. Well, she had gotten the front of the shirt on the front, but now it was inside out. She decided to skip the shirt and move onto the pants. No help, Mom! So I left and only went back in when she screamed for me. She was stuck with both legs in one pant leg like a little mermaid. She was in tears, so frustrated. I asked her if I could help her and she said, no. I asked if she wanted to sleep like a mermaid. She said, yes...no. I did help her get the pants off, but she still wanted no help from me, so I left her room again.
Poor little thing. She finally came out to James and me in the living room and let him help her get dressed. She wants to dress herself so badly. We're definitely encouraging this (and finding great entertainment in it), but it's kind of hard to have to just watch her get so frustrated.
2 comments:
This was such a cute post to read! I love how determined Trevy was to get her pajamas on. Congratulations on potty training and baby #4!
BTW - we changed our blog address to just charlesandcarrie.blogspot.com
wow! i just realized you are toilet training brand new 2 year olds! you are amazing! way to go!
Post a Comment