Today was a good day. We were only 20 minutes late to playgroup this morning and when it came time to leave, the kids didn't want to go. Wish I could say it was because they were making better friends, but I think it was the attraction of the play kitchen. I think having three of them, they decide they already have enough friends and tend to play with each other instead of branching out. James and I are thinking we're going to have Trevy join a preschool so she can get more social interaction with kids her age.
The first exciting moment of the day came while the twins were napping (short nap though it was today. Can't complain, they both slept for over 3 hours yesterday!) and Trevy and I were outside playing with the sidewalk chalk. I've shown her how to draw a T - for Trevy - a few times, but she actually wanted to do it today and did! She had a couple of good Ts. We tried moving on to lower case "r" but Landon and Callie joined us and that didn't work so well. But, hey, we've got one letter down! Only 51 to go!
I decided to throw in a load of laundry while the kids were playing well with the chalk and no sooner had I done so then they all started "singing" at the top of their lungs. Nothing in particular, but it was so cute and so funny! I went to get the video camera, but they saw our neighbor, Melissa, in her backyard and wanted to talk to her instead so I have no video documentation.
Bless Melissa - she always comes over and helps watch the kids for a little while. Callie has become quite the bookworm and will bring you book after book and just sit on your lap and listen and turn pages and quote the words she knows as long as you're willing. It's so sweet! Her current favorites are Fox in Socks, The Foot Book, Goodnight Moon, Two at the Zoo (we found this gem at the library a couple of weeks ago - fabulous counting book!), Camping Day (another library find), Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs and Ham and Goodnight Gorilla. Melissa read her a few of them and she came back for more!
My favorite moment of the day, however, was after dinner when Landon came toward me saying, "Mama, Mama". First time. He'll say, "Dadda" when he's ready to have Daddy come get him out of the tub, but he has never said mommy. Yep, almost made me cry. Such a sweet, sweet sound!
2 comments:
good days are such a blessing! i went to check how old your babies are...just wanted tp know if you were aware you have one 3 yr old, one 18 month old, and one 2 year old...i'm guessing you are too busy reading picture books and coloring on sidewalks to care, but, so you know:) you're such a good mommy!
Thanks, Clarisa! Always wondered if anyone else ever reads that side of the blog. Guess I got a little excited updating the phrases that I forgot to update Landon's bio! Maybe I shouldn't be blogging late at night...
Post a Comment