Well, it actually went quite well. James has Mondays off so I forewarned him that I would need him to be on hand for the twins as part of the method I'm using is to rush the child to the bathroom as soon as they start having an accident. For about three months now, Trevy has not wanted to poop. She'll find a corner and squat and do whatever it takes not to let it out. I've mentioned this to a number of people (I believe the pediatrician even!) and finally one of my visiting teachers told me last Wednesday that her oldest did that and it's a good sign they're ready to potty train. (She's currently training their second daughter - good luck, Brianna!) So I decided to bite the bullet and get going.
Anyhow, after breakfast yesterday and just before the twins went down for a morning nap around 9:30, Trevy packed up the diapers from her room and we took them (along with the diaper stacker) to the twins' room and gave them to the babies. Then Trevy got to put on her first pair of panties. Within an hour - maybe about 3 times of her crouching and me running her to the bathroom - we had our first poop and our first reward session. Can't tell you how great that was!
The rest of the day followed with a couple of little poops but mostly her soaking through panties and me rushing her to the bathroom. She had a total of about 3 Otter Pops as well to help with the liquid and create more "potty breaks".
So I think it's going pretty well so far!
(As far as goal #2 - I did get the area behind the toilet textured last night as James has the toilet out to fix some of the tiles under it.)
1 comment:
Good luck. Morgan used to hold her poop in and it caused all kinds of problems for her. I finally told the pediatrician what was going on and she told me to give her Miralax--a non-addictive laxative. She eventually got over her fear of pooping. I hope you all feel better soon.
Post a Comment