Well, for those who weren't in attendance for our Stake Conference today, the new stake formed is the Sahuarita Stake, encompassing the 4 Sahuarita wards, the Nogales and Midvale wards and I believe at least one Spanish branch. Sorry, no notes taken. We were hard-pressed to keep kids entertained. Although I have to say I think our kids did pretty well. We did take them out during the final half hour to play on the stairs in the foyer (2 groups of 4, nothing too rigorous or dangerous.) but they did well with the snacks and books we brought and even enjoyed "leading" the music.
It was also fun to run into a few friends from the past. First, we ran into Fletcher Brinkerhoff with his wife, Becca, and new son, Bjorn. Fletcher and I were in the same homeward growing up and then James met him when he was doing Woodbadge 3 years ago.
After conference, we got to talk to Carrie Roberts (apologies, not sure on her married name), a friend from the Institute who just had twin sons 3 months ago. Crazy world! And to make it even crazier, her husband is the cousin of Sabra Smith who I went to gradeschool with and is now living in Tucson as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment