Thursday, August 18, 2011

Timmy Tidbits: Timmy's First Upper Tooth!!!

Technically, his first maxillary central incisor.  Left-side.

I really think that's what kept him up Monday night.  For the life of me, I could not get him down until about 1am.  He would fall asleep, but never very deeply and start crying whenever I went to put him down.  The rest of the night was made all the more brutal by successive wakings from each of the other kids. First I was awakened to Callie's sweet little face inches from mine.  I tucked her in with James and moved Timmy, who was fast asleep by then, to his crib.  (I was never a fan of co-sleeping before, but a woman's got to do what a woman's got to do!)

It seemed like I had just fallen asleep again when Landon came in.  Cruel wife that I am, I tucked him in at the foot of James's bed on Callie's side.  (If I had the bigger bed, I really would let them sleep with me but sleeping with anyone in a twin bed is just asking for major pain the following morning!)  Certain that I would FINALLY get a few hours, I went back to sleep and was awakened in the dark, yet again, to a panicked scream from Trevlyn.  The poor girl could not find her blue bear and blanky, which were right next to her.  Not happy.  But at least she didn't wake anyone else up, including Timmy.  I think that would have completely done me in.

I did get a few more hours before Landon dragged me out to the living room at 7:45.  After that, it was one of those high-energy-from-lack-of-sleep-but-don't-ask-for-extra-patience kind of days.

Happy to report that Timmy has gone to sleep before 11pm the past two nights and woken up around 8am.  Hooray for FINALLY sleeping through the night!  I'm hoping that it was just the tooth trying to come through and now he can sleep through the night on a regular basis.

Which means so can I!  And so, my dear friends who are kind enough (or bored enough) to read my postings, I bid you all a fond good night!

No comments: