Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Swim Tim

Okay, I don't think I'm the only one with a love-hate relationship with Target.  I love that they have seasonal clearance, but hate that I run in to pick up a new mophead for $2 and end up with at least a 0 added to my total!

In any case, all the kids could use a new swimsuit - for whatever reason, Trevy's is really stretched out, though only a couple of months old; I've yet to find one that will stay up on Landon and the one Callie has been using for most of the summer is a 2T.  She's 3.  And not a real small 3.  Blessedly, we couldn't find her swimsuit at one point and she's loved wearing the cute little black leotard to swim in ever since!  Not only did I find swimsuits for each of them on the clearance racks, but I also found...

THESE!!!  The cutest little 0-6month Speedo swim diapers ever!!!







Yet another blazing hot day so James took the older three kids over to Melissa's around 10:45.  I wanted to shower first and realized right after they left that it was naptime.  Timmy was very ready to go down so I got to shower without having him crawling around the bathroom.  So nice!

He didn't stay down long, however, just long enough for me to get dressed and put the first layer of black paint on the new shelf I can't wait to put up in my kitchen!  And then I got him all decked out and we headed over. 

I took him in to see Melissa first and she took a couple of pictures for us.


I had completely forgotten that we still have the baby innertubes from the twins so we ran back home and got the turtle and headed back to play with the other kids.

First picture on turtleback!

Landon loved having his brother to play with!


Why are his eyes closed...?

Because he kept splashing himself!


Back home, I couldn't resist a few more pictures before the diaper change.



We spent a few hours of the hot afternoon just trying to get caught up on projects and get things cleaned up.  Then we headed over to Bridgette's for another swim date!

Landon in his new Thomas trunks that
actually have a functioning tie!

My beautiful girls!


Auntie Bridge and the twins

He's actually swimming!


Landon started "swimming" by himself a few weeks ago at Melissa's. He would tuck a pool noodle under his arms and start stroking and kicking!




Timmy fell asleep on the way over.
Such sweetness!





Apparently the mosquitoes agree with me.  His poor little legs just get healed up and then he gets riddled with bites again!

Yvonne also came over again with her girls.   

And this, my friends, is why Auntie Bridge is so amazing!   

 Look at all those kiddos!  Thank goodness for arm floaties!













The kids LOVED the swim train!



Timmy did wake up so he got to get wet again too!
 LOVE this picture!
 Ok, and this one too.  =)



 Lots of cute kids!


(Starting to play with sizes and layouts of pictures and videos.  Please leave a comment to let me know if you liked it or not.  Looking to start editing videos soon too!  I know, be afraid.  Be very afraid...)

No comments: