Tuesday, February 8, 2011

One Wild Week!

Seriously, only one week in and February has been crazy!  Busy days and sleepless nights.  I cannot remember prior to last night, but this should give you a taste of why I haven't blogged the busy-ness of the past week.

I truly meant to blog last night.  Or at least start the dishwasher, fold a load of laundry, shower before going to bed...SOMETHING!  But the kids had other plans.  Trevy and Landon went down around 8:30.  Callie stayed in the room long enough for the other two to fall asleep and then came out to the living room with me.  I was trying to get Timmy to sleep but he was wide awake so we were checking out the latest cake wrecks.  After many a good laugh and two hours had passed, I figured it was time to just put us all to bed.  Not a sleepy eye in sight!  I rocked Timmy and he gave in.  Callie kept playing around.  Then Landon came in.  I tried snuggling them both in their bed but Landon didn't want me to have a blanket.  No way!  It's chilly at night!  At 2:30, I had had enough and left them awake to sleep on their own.  Callie followed.  I took her back.  She followed again.  I took her back again.  This was all pretty much the case until about 3:30.  By this time the twins had managed to wake Trevy as well so I caved yet again and popped in Cinderella.  Come on, now.  I can only take so many sleepless nights in a row!  One more trip in for cereal or some other request and I heard James open the door to our bedroom.  He works out in the morning so I knew he was up for the day.  Which meant it was his turn with the kids.  I really have no idea how my body does it, but once I know James is awake and has the kids, I'm out.  I didn't hear a thing after that until I heard the front door close at 7.

I will admit I was a bit cranky when I woke up for the last time this morning, but I have since had a fabulous day!  Not to boast or anything, but I feel like I could have just won the Mother-of-the-Day award!  I got Timmy's room picked up, two loads of laundry washed (none folded, but whatever), Timmy's trach cleaned and changed, Timmy bathed, 2nd breakfast for the girls (James had made them cheesy triangles before I got up), kids pushed on the swings, batteries changed in two of Landon's trains, cookies made with four little assistants (who knew making one batch of Oatmeal Scotchies could pass an hour of time?), one car picked up (Thanks again, Melissa!), one clock restarted, all rugs vacuumed, Tummy Time for Timmy, several bottoms wiped and a shower on top of it all!

I credit much of this accomplishment to having both twins asleep when I woke up, Landon sleeping in until noon and Timmy taking a morning nap.  It's funny how just having one less child to watch makes things feel ten times easier!

That said, I hope I can add one more accomplishment to the day (albeit yesterday now, as we're past midnight) and do a little catching up on the blog.  It would be a bit much for one post, so here we go with some daily backblogging! 

No comments: